Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Run to the bank and cash it, it's gold.

OK...

That contradicts what you said one post ago.

Run to the bank and cash it. That is correct, and subject to change. I know that you guys like to take things and run with your own distorted version of it. Simply put, they want to hire, but with the dynamic situation at hand, they don't want to hire only to turn around and be overstaffed should the doomsday scenario happen. Additionally, I know this may come as a shock to you, the NWA tend to get a bit emotional about things. Hiring over at Delta while stagnation from following the letter of the contract ala BP5, may cause emotional vindictiveness from the NWA pilot group despite the fact that it is a short term solution. So, at least at the time of the conversation, the choice was to displace and eat the higher cost since the side letter regarding higher time windows for 88 f/os is running short.

Contrary to belief of some, my posts have not contradicted themselves, they just have been read with tainted eyes.

Additionally, I know this may come as a shock to you, the NWA tend to get a bit emotional about things. Hiring over at Delta while stagnation from following the letter of the contract ala BP5, may cause emotional vindictiveness from the NWA pilot group despite the fact that it is a short term solution. So, at least at the time of the conversation, the choice was to displace and eat the higher cost since the side letter regarding higher time windows for 88 f/os is running short.

Which will most likely cause emotional vindictiveness from the FDL group which has received the sh*t end of every merger related stick up to this point. If DL needs to hire into DL positions pre-SOC they should be doing it.

No it doesn't, however the trip-rig issue is real $$ and positions - in terms of possible displacements or lack of upgrades. I'm sure if it was you, you'd fight for it tooth and nail. Or maybe you wouldn't....pass the Kool-Aid.

Of course it is real $$ and positions. It is also a losing battle. Guess what else? It is being addressed. The language is there, and it's clear.

One MEC has approached the entire merger from a business perspective, a rational perspective, and a handle-from-within perspective.

One MEC has approached it from an emotional perspective, a confrontational perspective, and a negotiate-in press-release perspective.

I'll leave it to you decide from your emotional standpoint which MEC has come out on top time and time again, and which MEC has come out looking like chumps time and time again.

Same for the FI boards.

Those projections were done before the last pull down in flying. Take 4% off of that number to start. In essence it is not a lot, but it is 20 or so people.

Also, I am not sure that it is the ATL ERB that will get hammered. It may in fact be NYC. Just wait.
Fact is that we are overstaffed for the current flying, not the future flying. Summer will prove to be green slip country unless there is another pull down. Fact is that it is not flight ops that is saying we DO NOT need to hire. It is a lot higher up than that. We actually have needed bodies for quite some time.
It is quite normal for us to be grossly overstaffed in the winter months. Look where the SIL's are. They are not on the ATL 767. They are MOSTLY on the international birds.
What DAL management has right now is a very difficult situation. We are fat now, if the loads remain steady, as they have, we will not be fat come April. They are at a fork in the road on how to deal with this. Hiring is cheaper, but does not look good to the non-unionized groups, who have union votes coming up. The facts that are effecting this have not changed.

Additionally, I know this may come as a shock to you, the NWA tend to get a bit emotional about things. Hiring over at Delta while stagnation from following the letter of the contract ala BP5, may cause emotional vindictiveness from the NWA pilot group despite the fact that it is a short term solution.

There is no stagnation over here, we are the ones with the retirements. Also, the way it looks right now with the reduced trip rigs for FNWA, we will be getting all the work. There is no vindictiveness, we are just trying to get a handle on what the company plans to do before SOC. For your sake, I hope they hire at Delta but that does not really add up with a displacement AE on it's way. We'll see.

Of course it is real $$ and positions. It is also a losing battle. Guess what else? It is being addressed. The language is there, and it's clear.

According to your management. Our attorneys and contract folks see it differently.

It does not cost FDAL pilots a dime, and will require more pilots for all of us sooner than later - so why are you opposing it? I understand management fighting it but not DALPA....

Scope out RJ's This message is hidden because Scope out RJ's is on your ignore list.

I don't have a clue what you wrote, but I'm sure it's positive and filled with important information.

I think of your posts like I think of the Germans. I have not been impressed with what I've seen in the past and I don't look forward to what comes next.

According to your management. Our attorneys and contract folks see it differently.

It does not cost FDAL pilots a dime, and will require more pilots for all of us sooner than later - so why are you opposing it? I understand management fighting it but not DALPA....

Your attorneys and contract folks: seems to me as if they have been failing you for years in light of all of the arbitration you've had. Or maybe they are out for job security.

Regardless, this thread has run its course for me. You guys never have been rational in any way shape or form. Don't know why you'd start now.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back