• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Some Delta/NWA route swaps......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We have to go through DALPA to DAL management until we have a combined MEC Jan 17. To date DALPA is siding with DAL management against the NWA trip-rig interpretation.

That sucks for you guys. I still don't understand why NWA ALPA is nowhere in the picture. DALPA, mainly Moak, is definitely too close to management, hopefully not for long. He should be gone in the very near future.

That sucks for you guys. I still don't understand why NWA ALPA is nowhere in the picture. DALPA, mainly Moak, is definitely too close to management, hopefully not for long. He should be gone in the very near future.

Sucks for us? Yeah, but open your eyes a bit and you will realize it sucks for you as well. The trip rig issue is a clear incentive for DAL management to move flying to the NWA side and continue to pit us against each other. That is not good for either side.

RTFQ there Son. DALPA is working to *prevent* NWALPA from getting the contractual trip-rig.

We have a contract, signed and sealed, Mother DAL is making an argument over implementation based on interpretations, and DALPA, who will shortly represent both groups, is siding with management *against* NWALPA over contract compliance.

The displacement AE you are seeing IS related to this trip-rig disparity - your over staffing issue on certain aircraft didn't become manifest until FN came into the picture with a lower unit cost operation, courtesy of your MEC.

Sucks for you. Looks like the staffing we would not see in trip-rig is about to be more than offset by increased flying to FN as they right size gauge. It would have been a lot more cost prohibitve to do this if the trip-rig was in place.

Last edited:
Sucks for us? Yeah, but open your eyes a bit and you will realize it sucks for you as well. The trip rig issue is a clear incentive for DAL management to move flying to the NWA side and continue to pit us against each other.

And avoid hiring on the NWA side. I would really like to know why Delta has decided to not honor the contract in which they agreed and why DALPA/NWALPA allows this to continue.

Does anyone have more insight? Like I said, I know a grievance was filed but why would it have to even come to that?

Lot's of generalities, few specifics about what language is not being honored and of course a generous dose of accusations and half truths.

How about looking at the contract? What does it say? There are plenty of sections, and paragraphs to look at. Is anyone claiming that we are at Bid Period 5? Here's some contract language. Discuss.

"The staffing formula for former NWA categories must be in compliance with the PBS Staffing formula not later than the 24th bid period following Bid Period 5 and no premium pay adjustment (value H in the PBS Staffing Formula) will be applied until such bid period."

Last edited:
Bid period 5 is after an unspecified point in time.

Reminds me of the Guiness commercials.... "BRILLIANT!"

How about looking at the contract? What does it say? There are plenty of sections, and paragraphs to look at. Is anyone claiming that we are at Bid Period 5? Here's some contract language. Discuss.

[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]

Are you referring to Sections 12 H., I., K, L? Yeah, I have read it. I have also read the grievance filed by NWALPA because Delta management has failed to implement certain sections of the CBA that involve credit provisions. These include rotation credit, duty period minimum day, and duty period credit.

Shall I be more specific?

Latest resources

Back