Some Delta/NWA route swaps......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, that is what NWA will be doing.
Looking at the long term plans, I am quite surprised at a big displacement, but we do need to cover that 88 flying before the LOA expires at the end of March!

Yeah, the impression that I got from crew planning was that they were not impressed with the large displacement as it may be a temporary deal. I am sure that you have better intel than I though.

What is the LOA that expires in March?

Doesn't a preference bid at your airline depend for a lot of people WHERE an aircraft will be based, rather than just what plane? Do they plan on releasing some actual info to your guys (rather than just board rumors) about WHERE a/c are based?

I mean, everyone gets displaced then moved around...then what happens when the a/c they moved to gets them based in some place they'd never want to be?

You'd think they'd SAVE money on training if they gave people a realistic outlook on where these planes will actually be based, so they can get their cards properly in order and stay put....

Displacements are by base and jet.

All my preferences are for ATL first...then NYC, then LAX, ordered by captain positions first, then FO with descending a/c type from largest to smallest (money is the name of the game).

Has anyone gotten hard numbers on DC9 increases? Rumor has it we are going to train 20 crews a month through Nov, and that we stopped parking at ~78 airframes (58 in the original fleet plan), and will be bring more back, however there has been no confirmation on this. Memo soliciting for both Capt and F/O instructors confirmed. We will be even shorter as we transition to DAL's ALV and trip-rig....
That's why mgmt is fighting the Nwa side on our trip and duty rigs. If they comply with the contract right away they won't have the staffing needed to meet the summer flying. Games have begun. Like I said it's going to get interesting. At least the Nwa side isn't fat on pilots, the smaller the "fat" % the better off we ALL are.

That's why mgmt is fighting the Nwa side on our trip and duty rigs. If they comply with the contract right away they won't have the staffing needed to meet the summer flying. Games have begun. Like I said it's going to get interesting. At least the Nwa side isn't fat on pilots, the smaller the "fat" % the better off we ALL are.

Heyas Super,

While the two sides are theoretically operating under one agreement, the delayed implementation of some rather costly items to the NWA side (trip hour credit, ALV, etc) has left Delta with a cost disparity.

My guess is that they'll take advantage of it, and you'll see a shift in flying. The new FA bases in SLC and ATL are the opening shot.

Nu

Heyas Super,

While the two sides are theoretically operating under one agreement, the delayed implementation of some rather costly items to the NWA side (trip hour credit, ALV, etc) has left Delta with a cost disparity.

My guess is that they'll take advantage of it, and you'll see a shift in flying. The new FA bases in SLC and ATL are the opening shot.

Nu

Yeah, don't let the facts get in the way of a good conspiracy.

Heyas Super,

My guess is that they'll take advantage of it, and you'll see a shift in flying.
Nu

Ouch! I hope that is not the case. The increase in DC9 flying has been rumored some time, although this, together with stiffing us on trip-rig could all have been part of the "Grand Plan".

Might be a good reason for DALPA to get behind us on the trip-rig to have us all working under the same cost structure, however they have lost the momentum that could have gotten it in place at CBAID. It's uphill now even if they back us.

I guess that Management was given the time to implement it in the PWA, so they will use it.
As we all know, if there is anything that can be left up to interpretation, the lawyers will use it to their advantage. (That is why we need to quit negotiating for our selves, they have)

Heyas Super,

Nu

You'll forgive us if the fa side of the house is NOT our primary concern right now.

As for pilots, I would submit that it is oil price and not contract rigs which are the driving force behind the latest moves. Invigorating a whole fleet for approximately 1 year does not justify cost with regard to duty rigs. Go bark up another tree. The Delta side STILL wants to hire in order to make up the shortfall in the MD88 for the summer. It is the cheapest solution available in the short term. Long term goals do not justify it--right out of the COOs mouth to me--personally.

Now go run around to all of the other boards you frequent and pass it on.

I was told the same thing too Puff, but it appears that as of late last week, they may opt to displace. I hope to get more info this week.

You'll forgive us if the fa side of the house is NOT our primary concern right now.

As for pilots, I would submit that it is oil price and not contract rigs which are the driving force behind the latest moves. Invigorating a whole fleet for approximately 1 year does not justify cost with regard to duty rigs. Go bark up another tree. The Delta side STILL wants to hire in order to make up the shortfall in the MD88 for the summer. It is the cheapest solution available in the short term. Long term goals do not justify it--right out of the COOs mouth to me--personally.

Now go run around to all of the other boards you frequent and pass it on.

The dal side is overstatfed yet they want to hire? :confused: how does that make sense? I hope it happens for either side but that doesn't make much sense.

Latest resources

Back