• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Some Delta/NWA route swaps......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Probably not far at all... I wouldn't be surprised to see the same for DL crews as well.

Just heard today that the NWA side, as stands today, we will be short pilots come this summer. Going to be an interesting year.

Source? What aircraft? Is this additional info or are you referring to the the Apr flying bulletin where they said they would be displacing F/O's off of the 757 due to temp draw down of EU flying and back fill on the 320 and DC9 which will see increased flying? Still have not seen any hard numbers on pilots or aircraft.....

Do not know yet. I think it will be all over but that is just a guess. I know that there are a few area we are fat in.

Doesn't a preference bid at your airline depend for a lot of people WHERE an aircraft will be based, rather than just what plane? Do they plan on releasing some actual info to your guys (rather than just board rumors) about WHERE a/c are based?

I mean, everyone gets displaced then moved around...then what happens when the a/c they moved to gets them based in some place they'd never want to be?

You'd think they'd SAVE money on training if they gave people a realistic outlook on where these planes will actually be based, so they can get their cards properly in order and stay put....

We will be displacing 12-15 a month off the 757 in order to cover the large increase in DC-9 flying and there are currently no plans to hire or recall pilots for the summer.

We will be displacing 12-15 a month off the 757 in order to cover the large increase in DC-9 flying and there are currently no plans to hire or recall pilots for the summer.

Yes, that is what NWA will be doing.
Looking at the long term plans, I am quite surprised at a big displacement, but we do need to cover that 88 flying before the LOA expires at the end of March!

Has anyone gotten hard numbers on DC9 increases? Rumor has it we are going to train 20 crews a month through Nov, and that we stopped parking at ~78 airframes (58 in the original fleet plan), and will be bring more back, however there has been no confirmation on this. Memo soliciting for both Capt and F/O instructors confirmed. We will be even shorter as we transition to DAL's ALV and trip-rig....

Last edited:
Has anyone gotten hard numbers on DC9 increases? Rumor has it we are going to train 20 crews a month through Nov, and that we stopped parking at ~78 airframes (58 in the original fleet plan), and will be bring more back, however there has been no confirmation on this. Memo soliciting for both Capt and F/O instructors confirmed.

I didn't get any hard number on the increase in -9 flying, although was told that it is SIGNIFICANT (I spoke to crew planning last week).

Latest resources

Back