Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So what's the story on this latest 400 flameout?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What that says is "Thar ain't much arr up thar"

We could guess all day as to the cause of these flameouts and the fact they are recent occurancies, but consider this.

Maybe we are flying the airplanes higher than we used to. The price of fuel along with the 2,000 ft increments (RVSM) has caused us to fly higher and delay the descent a little longer requiring more power reduction for descent. Some engins have limitations on the amount of power reduction above a certain altitude. I like not below 85% above FL350.

Another point is the Core Lock was probably secondary to the engines quitting. Core lock is caused by pulling all the power off at a cold and high altitude.

So when you get a AFM revision adding a power reduction limitation then I can say "You see what I mean Verne" till then don't fly too high.

wheres the BEEF???

I still haven't seen from a reliable source a confirmation that this latest event even occurred. Can anyone paste info from the ntsb, faa, or alien government who claims that they have juristiction on this so called event. What day did it occur? If we know the date, we can go to flight aware for a history of landings to see what tail numbers landed in ORF that day, if any.

Rubber Ducky said:
I still haven't seen from a reliable source a confirmation that this latest event even occurred. Can anyone paste info from the ntsb, faa, or alien government who claims that they have juristiction on this so called event. What day did it occur? If we know the date, we can go to flight aware for a history of landings to see what tail numbers landed in ORF that day, if any.
Read post 26 on this thread. Date was june 17th for the flame out.

Rubber Ducky said:

I was told it was on the 14th in the ORF area. I have searched all the sources and cannot find info on it either. I am waiting for a call from a friend at Raytheon to see what he can find out.

From the General:

starcheckdriver said:
We were flying from BWI-FXE this afternoon around 4:00PM and as we were over Virginia, a Beechjet (not FLOPS) called, "Mayday, mayday, dual engine flameout, declaring emergency!" They requested vectors to nearest airport and were given a descent to Norfolk. That was the last I heard....anyone know anything about this?

"Starcheckdriver" heard it live. Posted on 6/15 in "General" thread.

I had also heard from a friend who is a FLOPS pilot that igniters and boost pumps before descent became SOP after the second flame out. I am using that procedure for now.

The fact that FSI is making authoritative statements about what solutions won't help tells me that someone has a clue about it. I am also extremely frustrated that no one is talking. I'm going back to FSI RLC in late July for recurrent. I will post up with whatever they have to say.

Last edited:
RNObased said:
The ignitors on for decent is basically a poor man's auto re-lite.
Poor people don't deserve auto re-light, what did they do to urn it?

*#$% Headwinds said:
I had also heard from a friend who is a FLOPS pilot that igniters and boost pumps before descent became SOP after the second flame out. I am using that procedure for now.

The fact that FSI is making authoritative statements about what solutions won't help tells me that someone has a clue about it. I am also extremely frustrated that no one is talking. I'm going back to FSI RLC in late July for recurrent. I will post up with whatever they have to say.
A report would be helpful.I also had a FLOPS employee tell me about the descent procedure you outline after the 2nd Flame out. Raytheon will sell fuel heaters for the 400a/400xp beginning in August. I believe they will go to NETJETS first.

pamed19 said:
A report would be helpful.I also had a FLOPS employee tell me about the descent procedure you outline after the 2nd Flame out. Raytheon will sell fuel heaters for the 400a/400xp beginning in August. I believe they will go to NETJETS first.
Pamed
No plane is safe, if you are as worried as you look on your posts sell your share and stop flying. I could walk out my front door trip and hit my head on a rock and die.
I should take a poll on here and ask if I should stay in my house. I will get a ton of dumbass remarks saying to become a mole and never leave.
On top of that the Concorde went from the best aviaition safety records to the worst. All in one day it took, now something was done about this. It wasnt because of the incident but because of the aging fleet. Flying is by far safer then driving, yet there is still millions of more people that drive every day then fly.

Latest resources

Back