• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So What Is It USAir East Wants?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I do apologize. I've been hearing a few AWA pilots on various boards say it's a good idea to voluntarily throw up fences around east coast bases in order to appease the east. I think that's a terrible idea. I mis-understood your post and thought you were advocating that scenario.

I think we've already done our fair share of trying to be reasonable with the East. If they can't abide by the arbitration process they agreed to then screw em'. I'm tired of being nice. If it comes down to a fight we'll all lose but in the end they'll fair far worse. They're either too stubborn or stupid to see it though.

I think going back and forth with the Delta guys was far more fun. They may be arrogant but at least they have integrity. I'm taking a vacation from flightinfo.com.

I think it is inconsistent to demand recognition for expected advancements due to retirements over the next several years, without also then bringing the expectation of corporate solvency into the conversation.

If you want to argue expectations, you can't pick and choose which expectations should be considered.

If the east got the short end of the integration, it was probably due to their intransigence over DOH/LOS.

The decision has been made, sure the fences should have been longer, perhaps that should have been the main point of the argument, but really, what are you going to do now as a pilot group? Allow bitterness to consume you, or move forward, with some semblance of unity, and take the opportunity section 6 negotiations present to improve your contract?

Sooner or later cooler heads will prevail, the sooner the better for all involved.

"I think it is inconsistent to demand recognition for expected advancements due to retirements over the next several years, without also then bringing the expectation of corporate solvency into the conversation.

If you want to argue expectations, you can't pick and choose which expectations should be considered."

This is 100% correct. It's also why the award is the way it is. Let's move on now and work towards getting a real contract and not some dinky POS the company thinks they can pawn off on us.

"I think it is inconsistent to demand recognition for expected advancements due to retirements over the next several years, without also then bringing the expectation of corporate solvency into the conversation.

If you want to argue expectations, you can't pick and choose which expectations should be considered."

This is 100% correct. It's also why the award is the way it is. Let's move on now and work towards getting a real contract and not some dinky POS the company thinks they can pawn off on us.

Well said, I think that sentence sums it all up, you can't have one without the other.

Just staple the rustheads to the bottom of the list...least they wont be at the soup kitchen which is where they otherwise would have been by now.....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back