• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So What Is It USAir East Wants?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So uhmm....your excited at the fact that there is no growth opptys in the west, and now with a combined seniority list, your closer to realizing, being able to take advantage of the growth on the east??? Can't put a finger on it, but it sounds like double talk to me....

with all due respede WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? You want to voluntarily add fences to the joint contract? How have the last two years treated you? We have completely stagnated out west because there has been a fence (in the form of seperate certificates) preventing us from accessing any growth out east. Now that's about to come down you want to give that up?????????

What happens if you throw a fence in the contract and then Parker decides LAS or PHX is just too competitive to make money and he redeploys a large portion of the fleet back east. We don't get furloughed but end up stagnating on reserve while east guys would benefit massively from a fenced base.....

Don't give an inch who knows what kind of deals/mergers are coming down the pipe and bidding PHL might actually somehow help you out someday.

You misunderstood what I was saying. I probably didn't say it correctly. I don't feel longer fences would be fair and I would fight against them. Yes the merger has screwed me for the last two years. I went from a 5 yr upgrade to 5 yrs of reserve. What I was speaking of was the possibility and legality of adding them. The East MEC is giving out the false hope that the arbitration itself can be changed. It can't.

So uhmm....your excited at the fact that there is no growth opptys in the west, and now with a combined seniority list, your closer to realizing, being able to take advantage of the growth on the east??? Can't put a finger on it, but it sounds like double talk to me....

I believe he is referring to "career expectations". The last two years have been a windfall for the East and a total screw job for the West.

You're right Whiskey, as usual... I've had enough of this fight; anyway nothing is getting solved.

I'll just wait for the next development like everyone else and hope it doesn't spell the end of the airline any time too soon.

Think I'll go spend some time in the cave and calm the f**k down for a while.

You're right Whiskey, as usual... I've had enough of this fight; anyway nothing is getting solved.

I'll just wait for the next development like everyone else and hope it doesn't spell the end of the airline any time too soon.

Think I'll go spend some time in the cave and calm the f**k down for a while.

It's all good Grog, in fact some news will be headed your way this evening...

WD.

I think everyone has missed the point. It is called "binding arbitration". Doesn't that really mean "legal arbitration".

You misunderstood what I was saying. I probably didn't say it correctly. I don't feel longer fences would be fair and I would fight against them. Yes the merger has screwed me for the last two years. I went from a 5 yr upgrade to 5 yrs of reserve. What I was speaking of was the possibility and legality of adding them. The East MEC is giving out the false hope that the arbitration itself can be changed. It can't.

I do apologize. I've been hearing a few AWA pilots on various boards say it's a good idea to voluntarily throw up fences around east coast bases in order to appease the east. I think that's a terrible idea. I mis-understood your post and thought you were advocating that scenario.

put it into perspective. 2015 there are 2046 Capt retirements. (that's a combined retirement, but majority from east) Or at least those "currently" holding capt. So yes, many are from the f/o ranks, but those f/o's would have moved to capt, and such would be retiring as capt. An individual made up some nice spreadsheets for the combined list, very telling as you change the dates.....

The expectation was that the east would see significant retirements by 2015 with commensurate advancement for junior pilots, however those expectations are grounded on an expectation that US would survive until then without any additional reduction in hulls and the age 60 rule would remain.

JMO. Relative seniority with longer fences should have been either negotiated or brought forward to the arbitrator as the main focus of the US position.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back