So what is going on over at FLOPS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TurboHonda nailed it.

FLOPS Management is patting themselves on the back for returning benefits they stole from us years ago. All in an effort to give the mere appearance of a "spirit of cooperation" with the union.

Give me a break.

The pilots at Netjets received their large pay increase in late fall of 2005.....the rest of the industry followed suit. We are still waiting for a raise!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news..But Flops isnt getting anywhere near industry standard..In fact they probably wont even get the lousy raise Sh*tfinger offered you guys 2 years ago..

I just want an 18 month contract. No pay raise, I better be staying in the waldorf astoria (sp) and get some kind of huge 401k matching

I have no problem voting NO if I don't like it and lots of guys are feeing the same way now.

To Jetwash,
I agree. The pay needs to be close to industry standard or my vote will be no.

Its almost 4 yrs now with no pay increase.

In fact, we all took a 6% pay cut in February with the loss of the company 401K match. That cut will continue to have an impact down the road, assuming the stock market recovers.

They needed to come up with the funds to pay for all those expensed crew meals!! We'll just take from the employees and give it back to them (expensed meals) and congratulate ourselves, AGAIN, for being such generous managers!

FLOPS 10YR PIC $77,000

Industry Average $120,000

After the President's Weekly Message and the warning shot it contained, I can't imagine anyone voting "yes" first time around.

Slow to get a contract

Yet, busted Flops planes still fly the wealthy around the country daily.
Why should Flops settle a contract?

There is a large block of pilots who are planning on sending a message to the union leadership and the company that they will not accept a sub standard pay in the contract. It is well organized and getting bigger every day.

Many of the furloughed guys who are able to vote will be adding their NO votes to the contract since they have nothing to lose at this point only the chance of an industry standard pay package when they return to their jobs.

I just hope our Union leadership gets the message and informs the company how pissed off the pilots are and will probably vote NO if they don't come up with a competitive pay package.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back