So Now What For Mesaba?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ReverseSensing said:
Best wishes to these guys. You guys worrying about whether XJ or 9E is going to get more 70-seat flying out of the deal need to gain some perspective.

I hate pc people. Quess what the post was originally about? Exactly what these guys are commenting on. The original post wasn't about the bs happening at NWA. If you want to talk about that, you can start your own post. Don't jump on the pc band wagon just like all the other liberals out there. These guys are talking about what they want to talk about. Just because it is about y doesn't mean they forgot about x.

nwaredtail,

Do you have the list of aircraft? I know about the 757-200s and some DC9-30s they want to unload now because they aren't even in service. What are the specific airframes that make up the rest of the 102 aircraft?

nwaredtail said:
Don't get too excited about expansion folks, 31 Avros were on the list of 102 potential planes to be parked.

Everyone knew that was coming. As our new VP said, "Hard to keep a plane with four engines that burn that much gas and gets passed on the road by cars."

But NWA needs that size plane to be competitive so if they go, they will be replaced by something.

I do feel bad for the guys at NWA, don't get me wrong. I know many of them personally. However, I also have my own future to worry about. I don't want to lose flying or potential flying to another entity. Flying that is leaving NWA regardless of what we do.

No one wants to expand and the cost of someone else.

nwaredtail said:
Don't get too excited about expansion folks, 31 Avros were on the list of 102 potential planes to be parked.

Not entirely true. From the Minneapolis StarTribune:

The Eagan-based carrier, which operates one of the oldest fleets in the industry, filed a motion to reject or abandon 13 airplanes that have been parked for an extended period or which it can no longer operate economically, including six Boeing 757-200s and four DC-9-30s.

Also, Northwest reported that over a 45-day period it wants to renegotiate terms on leases and debt financing for 102 airplanes.

Doesn't exactly mean they are going to "park" another 102 planes. If they do, it won't be right away.

One thing we all need to do is mellow out until all the facts come out.

Last edited:
fly4ever said:
nwaredtail,
fly4ever said:
Do you have the list of aircraft? I know about the 757-200s and some DC9-30s they want to unload now because they aren't even in service. What are the specific airframes that make up the rest of the 102 aircraft?

Here's the list I saw...not all of these aircraft are going to be parked...the company wants to refinance the lease agreements on them. The leasers wouldn't do it outside of BK...now they will.

11.....747-200
7.......DC-10
22.....757-200
20.....A320
6.......A319
31.....Bae-146

Detroitpilot22 said:
You know what, I am a Pinnacle Guy, and I like my job. I hope neither xj or 9e get 70 seaters and that Northwest can pull out of this and keep their pilots.

By the way, I was hired with the published minimums and I am not a pay for training dude. Im sure your times which you chose not to even post are far more better than anyone else.

Times don't matter, bud. It's all about experience and from that statement you don't have a lick. Happy Pinnacle-ing and see ya a 410, dude.

Last edited:
Detroitpilot22 said:
You know what, I am a Pinnacle Guy, and I like my job. I hope neither xj or 9e get 70 seaters and that Northwest can pull out of this and keep their pilots.

By the way, I was hired with the published minimums and I am not a pay for training dude. Im sure your times which you chose not to even post are far more better than anyone else.

Easy son....I was just pointing out that one plus one equals two. I don't work for 9E or XJ, so don't think this is some XJ guy jumpin all over your case.

Congrads getting hired with the published mins and not paying for training.

If you truely give a rats a$$ how much time I or any other guy on this board has, or how many type ratings I have, or whether I was military or civilian. You are going to have a very long career. I fly for an airline where my F/O's are starting to show up with shiny new commercial CRJ type ratings ( and believe it or not I'm not even at Mesa) .....I guess now I know what they are useful for....impressing the mighty board.

Piker

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back