So Now What For Mesaba?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Monster Buck said:
Also any AVRO instructors can correct me if I am wrong but there was talk by the dept. to pull back to .72 giving a much better time/fuel cost structure.

Well, considering that Mmo is .73 ('cept for Sparky) it would have to be more than that. More likely around .67, as if it isn't already a pita for atc. Not to mention having to listen to that flap-lock-out-thingy clacking away at 227 kias.

I left XJ almost 2 years ago and at the time the service agreement had NWA paying the fuel bill for the AVRO. If they managed to negotiate their way out of this due to the bk I would think that would put a sizeable burden on XJ's finances.

I wish the best for my former-fellow XJers.

Last edited:
4fanman said:
Well, considering that Mmo is .73 ('cept for Sparky) it would have to be more than that. More likely around .67, as if it isn't already a pita for atc. Not to mention having to listen to that flap-lock-out-thingy clacking away at 227 kias.

I left XJ almost 2 years ago and at the time the service agreement had NWA paying the fuel bill for the AVRO. If they managed to negotiate their way out of this due to the bk I would think that would put a sizeable burden on XJ's finances.

I wish the best for my former-fellow XJers.

Normal cruise is .72 The proposal pulls it back to .66 I have already flown one trip from HPN to MSP flight planned at .66 - Blocked 3.8 hours. We saved some gas though.

Strait from SK, this is NWA forcing a fuel savings program on us. IMO, its a good step. Somethings gotta give - This dang bird burns as much as a baby bus and only carries half the people at way lower speeds. At FL300 going .66 we were burning 600-800 Lbs/hr less than at .72

The avro is comfortable for pilots and passengers, but it really doesnt do anything particularly well. (Except go into Aspen)

Latest resources

Back