• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So Now What For Mesaba?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good news: 70 seat scope probably will be removed and Mesaba pilots will start flying 70 seaters.

Bad news: 70 seat scope probably will be removed and Mesaba pilots will be stuck in the commuters flying 70 seaters.

Short term: Good - Mesaba will probably expand quite a bit.
Long term: Bad - Mesaba will have fewer jobs at Northwest to get hired into.

Hey Detroit pilot, who peed in your Wheaties?

MM

I thought Northwest didn't hire many from Mesaba anyway.

labbats said:
I thought Northwest didn't hire many from Mesaba anyway.

Where did they come from? Certainly not from pinnacle, most of those guys were not even born yet the last time NWA hired pilots.

Wish you well XJ'ers. Former NWA'er here. Even though some NWA guys don't like the notion of the ARJ...we all know who's behind the quality flying on the link end of the business. Really hoping 9E loses big in this courtroom dance. I just hope some pension is left intact.

It's all speculation. That's what. Business as usual until the judge in New York begins to slaughter the NWA pensions, scope and payrates. :(

XJ is getting 15 CRJs (I believe 2 are already on property), 10 of those are paid for. 20 CRJs on option which by a probable no brainer will be excercised. As along as we continue to get the 15 CRJs there will be hiring and growth for that matter.

The future of the Avro is once again brought up. No surprise though. If the judge dumps the scope, it opens up a whole new door for 70+ seat aircraft. But it doesn't guarantee Mesaba or even pinnacle are the top two picks to fly em. Think cheaper costs.... like Mesa, CHQ, etc.

I see xj mgt going to Wychor and asking for some type of concessions for growth. LOA 15 all over again.

Mesabi Miner said:
Hey Detroit pilot, who peed in your Wheaties?

MM

I would assume with the mighty CRJ experience and Detriot Pilot title he's a PCL guy......but I'm sure he'll tell me I'm wrong.

They have all this wrapped up remember....they have another certificate on the way!! Ha! study your history books boys.

Piker

RampTower said:
It's all speculation. That's what. Business as usual until the judge in New York begins to slaughter the NWA pensions, scope and payrates. :(

XJ is getting 15 CRJs (I believe 2 are already on property), 10 of those are paid for. 20 CRJs on option which by a probable no brainer will be excercised. As along as we continue to get the 15 CRJs there will be hiring and growth for that matter.

The future of the Avro is once again brought up. No surprise though. If the judge dumps the scope, it opens up a whole new door for 70+ seat aircraft. But it doesn't guarantee Mesaba or even pinnacle are the top two picks to fly em. Think cheaper costs.... like Mesa, CHQ, etc.

I see xj mgt going to Wychor and asking for some type of concessions for growth. LOA 15 all over again.

Who's paying for these things anyway?? NW as usual?? If that's the case will you see more than 10 while they are in bankruptcy?

Piker

Latest resources

Back