• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

sli at rah

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hockeypilot, if ignorance is bliss, then you are without a doubt, the happiest m.f. on the planet.

I'm not the one going around telling everyone I fly for Midwest (I've had a few Republic pilots tell me that so far). My response is always, "How? they are all furloughed." You know what happens next in the conversation. These pilots just pretend that the Midwest pilots never existed. If that's not "ignorance is bliss," then I don't know what is. You and I both know that after the integration is complete, it will take years to get all the Midwest pilots back on property at a decent wage. Stop pretending. That group was screwed and the Republic pilots are benefiting from it.

We have not been the cheapest for some years now. The 170/175 costs more to operate than the CRJ-700 and -900. Our pay works out to be industry average for operators of 50, 70, and 86 seat regional jets. Some pay more, some pay less, but we are not the cheapest, and haven't been.

Oh, and those Saab pilots got their jobs back thanks to efforts by the union. But who is keeping track, right?

Your first officers are the cheapest for 70 and 76 seat regional jets and your captains are among the cheapest for 70 seat jets. For 100 seat jets, you are the cheapest in the world.

The Saab pilots on probation that were fired when Chautauqua parked the Saabs were not all given their jobs back. They were offered jobs at Shuttle America or they could stay unemployed and wait until Chautauqua hired again. The ones that went to Shuttle were stuck there until the merger with Chautauqua. They lost a lot of seniority. The ones that waited for Chautauqua to bring them back were given no backpay. I think they were even put at the bottom of the list as new hires even though more junior pilots stayed employed the entire time.

The Shuttle America Saab captains that were in 170 captain training were told halfway through training that they would now be first officers due to the SLI being completed, but they would have flown as captains had the SLI been delayed any further. Heller even put out a letter stating this.

Wow. Now you sound just like the Republic pilots. You do realize that you will eventually be under the Republic contract, right? Until a new contract is signed and after integration is complete, all of your first officers will be making $37/hour. Even if you are right, that's GREAT news that you guys get to grow even though the ENTIRE Midwest pilot group is furloughed. You are a perfect example of how pilots only care about themselves. Why should you care that the Midwest pilots are furloughed? F*ck em. As long as Frontier grows, you don't care. Then when you are flying for $37/hour as a first officer, the furloughed Midwest pilots will laugh at you. .

Hey a$$ clown, not the you would have any reason to know this, but the S5 pilots kept their payrates until a higher rate of pay could be held by their integrated seniority.

The F9 FOs would most likely keep their rates of pay, and not be flying the Bus for $37 per hour. Anything can happen, but just so you know.

My .02, call everyone back, now, but they don't ask me.

I'm not the one going around telling everyone I fly for Midwest (I've had a few Republic pilots tell me that so far). My response is always, "How? they are all furloughed." You know what happens next in the conversation. These pilots just pretend that the Midwest pilots never existed. If that's not "ignorance is bliss," then I don't know what is. You and I both know that after the integration is complete, it will take years to get all the Midwest pilots back on property at a decent wage. Stop pretending. That group was screwed and the Republic pilots are benefiting from it.

Ha ha ha, Please. First off I don't believe anyone would talk to you let alone one of our FO's. Seconed, outside of the greater milwaukee area no one knows who the hell Midwest Airlines is. So I call BS on yet another false story, if the FO's were going to say they work for anyone I bet they would say F9 like the links guys do.

Hey a$$ clown, not the you would have any reason to know this, but the S5 pilots kept their payrates until a higher rate of pay could be held by their integrated seniority.

The F9 FOs would most likely keep their rates of pay, and not be flying the Bus for $37 per hour. Anything can happen, but just so you know.

My .02, call everyone back, now, but they don't ask me.

Ha ha ha, Please. First off I don't believe anyone would talk to you let alone one of our FO's. Seconed, outside of the greater milwaukee area no one knows who the hell Midwest Airlines is. So I call BS on yet another false story, if the FO's were going to say they work for anyone I bet they would say F9 like the links guys do.

You know what? I'm done arguing with you guys. You guys enjoy your career at your airline, and I'll enjoy my career at my airline. I'm done caring about this anymore. I got mine. That's all that matters. Now my only concern is not letting my union give up any more scope so I can keep mine from guys like you. Good luck to you anyway.

"everyone hired before that will be senior to everyone hired after that, flying or not... Per the LAW"

To what law are you referring? It sounds like you are referring to constructive notice, but that is not a law. Also, what you are describing is basic seniority, those hired first are more senior to those hired at a later date.

Hockypilot, no one is going to be working under the "republic contract", which is actually the Chautauqua CBA. If and when an SLI is completed, an entirely new CBA will need to be negotiated (preferably after an entirely new Union representation drive). I don't know of any FAPA pilots that want to join the IBT, and I haven't talked to one IBT pilot that wants to stay with the IBT. There is going to be a pretty big union drive at RAH in 2010, especially considering the new changes that the NMB has made regarding representation elections. Now every organized labor affiliation in the country will think they have chance in every election, and they will. Everyone continues to work under their existing CBA until the new CBA is ratified.

The one statement I will agree with is that you just don't know how this entire process is going to work out.

"everyone hired before that will be senior to everyone hired after that, flying or not... Per the LAW"

To what law are you referring? It sounds like you are referring to constructive notice, but that is not a law. Also, what you are describing is basic seniority, those hired first are more senior to those hired at a later date.

The 2008 McCaskill-Bond amendment to the spending bill.

You can't pink slip one employee group in favor of new hires from another group hired after the acquision date.

ALA the AA-TWA flight attendant merger

Last edited:

Hockypilot, no one is going to be working under the "republic contract", which is actually the Chautauqua CBA. If and when an SLI is completed, an entirely new CBA will need to be negotiated (preferably after an entirely new Union representation drive). I don't know of any FAPA pilots that want to join the IBT, and I haven't talked to one IBT pilot that wants to stay with the IBT. There is going to be a pretty big union drive at RAH in 2010, especially considering the new changes that the NMB has made regarding representation elections. Now every organized labor affiliation in the country will think they have chance in every election, and they will. Everyone continues to work under their existing CBA until the new CBA is ratified.

The one statement I will agree with is that you just don't know how this entire process is going to work out.

Finally - somebody gets it.

The 2008 McCaskill-Bond amendment to the spending bill.

You can't pink slip one employee group in favor of new hires from another group hired after the acquision date.

ALA the AA-TWA flight attendant merger

MB says a few different things, but it definitely does not say anything about pink slipping or stapling. MB says that you must follow a process, and that the process must be "fair", but at the end of the day you may still end up with a staple or worse. I am not implying that a group will or will not be stapled in this scenario, I have no idea, but MB does not prevent a staple.

If you read Allegheny-Mowhawk and then read MB, you will find that MB didn't really add anything to the process. The MB legislation was more of a local, populist, piece of legislation that really didn't achieve anything significant with regard to mergers and acquisitions.

To prove my point, take a look at the process agreement that has been made between the affected parties at RAH, and how much of that agreement was driven by MB. The entire thing is straight from the AM Labor Protective Provisions that still remain, sections 3 and 13. There is not one mention of MB.

Latest resources

Back