• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sleepy NWA pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
which means a slam dunk termination case and a uphill grievance case. Even winning it with the SBA, you still have the guys without their tickets. Can't have one without the other.

Would have bet a suspension with a 709 ride and some serious time before seeing the inside of a cockpit. This way, NWA/DAL can remove them from the payroll tonight.

There has to be more to the story or it is pure public pressure/perception driving the revocation.

So, the Usair guy shoots his gun off midflight and doesn't lose his job, but these guys lose not only their jobs, but certificates for playing on their laptop??? Hmmmmm

So, the Usair guy shoots his gun off midflight and doesn't lose his job, but these guys lose not only their jobs, but certificates for playing on their laptop??? Hmmmmm

No Wizard, my speculation is that the investigation to this point determined that the statements about laptop use and heated discussion were fabricated. And when you fabricate a story to a Federal investigator, you're toast!

Not that I am condoning how irresponsible the USAir FFDO was with his weapon....

if it's true they can extract the CVR recording from over-written tape, then I predict that in about three weeks, the feds will approach the pilots with proof and they will confess.

If the feds can't extract, then the pilots will confess after they can't get their licenses or jobs back. 10 months. You heard it here first.

This from someone who fell asleep briefly multiple times between Rockland and BOS. Not on my leg of course.

Yeah, I was thinking Sam the feds have already extracted the CVR and recovered more than 30 minutes, and that was the reason for the immediate revocation, as the extracted data showed they were snoozing.

Now, if that's the case, the CVR is now evidence in federal charges that may be levied against the pilots in which case it might be a while before we can read the transcript.

Latest resources

Back