• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sleepy NWA pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This whole story falls under the 'who gives a f^ck' category. A distraction- that's it

Whenever a pilot is faced with a challenging situation, he/she should ask WWSD?

WHAT WOULD SULLY DO?

Go back to steam gauages and get rid of the FMS. That will keep everyone awake.;)

I still don't know why they are making statements to media, etc. Where was their aviation lawyer at the NTSB interview, etc?

While we're throwing out speculation, anyone know if their extended track took them near DTW? Maybe they were doing a Detroit turn later in the rotation, looked at the wrong line and entered the wrong destination during preflight. If the fms gave you the standard not enough fuel warning--"we haven't loaded the winds yet, that will change.". Miss a handoff somewhere, get distracted and bingo. Somewhere past MSP one of them picks up the rotation to talk about new scheduling policies and--hey where are we??

I don't think this a plausible theory for a couple of reasons. First of all, you wouldn't fly over MSP enroute from SAN to DTW. Secondly, I am going to guess that Northwest uses data uplink. Uplink loads the departure and destination airports, enroute fixes (excluding sids, stars, and jet routes), and loads climb, cruise, and descent winds.

I think the David Letterman Top 10 Reasons are better than half of the theories on this board.

10. Bunch of fat guys seated on the right side of the plane made us vector east.
9. We get paid by the hour.
8. Mapquest always takes you the long way, am I right, people?
7. Tired of that show-off Sullenberger getting all the attention.
6. You try steering one of those airplanes after eight or nine cocktails.
5. Wanted to catch the end of the in-flight movie.
4. Activating autopilot and making occasional P.A. announcements is exhausting.
3. According to our map, we only missed our target by half an inch.
2. For a change, we decided to send luggage to the right city and lose the passengers.
1. Thought we saw balloon boy.

This just in ... Emergency revocation.

Latest resources

Back