• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest to open a CRJ PDX and SEA base in July

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wouldn't discount a buyout in the future, but with ALK stock trading at $66+ share I kind of doubt that will happen right now. No one can afford us, including Delta.

The AAG's cash position would take some of the sting out of the share price, and at some point they'll end up making someone a Godfather offer to take the Horizon Q400 leases off their hands.

You may fly a shiny RJ,

Are you kidding? We don't have any SHINY RJ's. Some of our UAX planes hardly have any paint on them, It's embarrassing.

I'm sorry, but that blows for Horizon. I still have friends there and the moral is really low. All the guys I knew at Skywest have moved on to majors. The last guy that left was a check airman & I don't remeber him bragging about the pay any. Upgrade was quick though.

Gentelmen/ ladies.. lets not get carried away with the sexual conotations.. posts are reported and the offending posts deleted..

this type of conversation is better carried out in the non-aviation section..

thanks

clr4 Mod..

Gentelmen/ ladies.. lets not get carried away with the sexual conotations.. posts are reported and the offending posts deleted..

this type of conversation is better carried out in the non-aviation section..

thanks

clr4 Mod..

Man, I log off for a couple hours and miss something good. Oh well.

Post #440, Mopars rule

I wouldn't discount a buyout in the future, but with ALK stock trading at $66+ share I kind of doubt that will happen right now. No one can afford us, including Delta.

How about a stock swap? No cash used for the initial transaction, but afterwards using AK's cash on hand to help pay for it all? Sounds like something a Wall St person could come up with.

OYS

I guess the whole "W2/block" thing (not including 6% 401K match) didn't produce 'NEVETS' desired results. The sound of crickets is deafening.

Only if you measure QOL in terms of pay per hour. But let's compare anyway.

$146.65/block hour (16yr SKYW Capt)
$39.72/hr TAFB

Excellent idea, I've long thought that was a way to cut through the BS to get apples to apples comparisons.

Eleventh year CRJ Captain.

W2/total block $105.86

W2/TAFB $29.17

How do we stack up?

Are you sure he wasn't referring to crew cost, not compensation? The cost of employment far exceed just compensation.

Sixth Year SKYW CRJ CA

W2/total block = $103.75

W2/TAFB = $26.56

W2 = $83,339
Yearly block = 803:13
Yearly Credit = 1109:50

I guess the whole "W2/block" thing (not including 6% 401K match) didn't produce 'NEVETS' desired results. The sound of crickets is deafening.

Sorry, I had missed all this fun. But I was reminded of it on another post. So I've found where I've discussed this on another forum (crackpipe) because I couldn't find the same thread I've had this discussion on here and on APC. Here it is:

"For example, when I do the math for my total compensation , I come up with an adjusted hourly rate of $55.57. I'm on 6 year FO pay. And if I include the 77% the company pays for on my medical and dental insurance, the adjusted pay rate goes up to $77.41. And if you want to throw in perdiem, its $83.76. I know, still too low for a total compensation. Cue Dojet with TTAFB (which works out to be about $24)."

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back