• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest to open a CRJ PDX and SEA base in July

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
he SkyWest, Alaska, Horizon thing here is kind of like a three some. But it feels like the SkyWest is cornholing both AS pilots and QX pilots at the same time.

I wonder how many more jobs skywest will steal with their subpar pilot agreement. Medical, pay, retirement etc. First they ignore court rulings and steal Continental, United jobs, displacing Express pilots. Now they continue to undercut and take more jobs. Good job boys and girls, kill your exit or next step up and now undercut others on the same level to steal their jobs. Let me guess, your now offering great low payrates to fly bigger turboprops? Oh I know, it's the company not us, until you band together and create a collective voice to speak for you, your each just a bunch of two faced back stabbers, stepping over anyone to accelerate your career. What career, your part of the problem this industry sucks so much now, bravo, bravo. So short sighted.

I wonder how many more jobs skywest will steal with their subpar pilot agreement. Medical, pay, retirement etc. First they ignore court rulings and steal Continental, United jobs, displacing Express pilots. Now they continue to undercut and take more jobs. Good job boys and girls, kill your exit or next step up and now undercut others on the same level to steal their jobs. Let me guess, your now offering great low payrates to fly bigger turboprops? Oh I know, it's the company not us, until you band together and create a collective voice to speak for you, your each just a bunch of two faced back stabbers, stepping over anyone to accelerate your career. What career, your part of the problem this industry sucks so much now, bravo, bravo. So short sighted.

Medicate much?

Subpar? Your post sounds more like unsubstantiated rumor instead of facts. SkyWest Airlines, even with no legally binding contract, is among the top paying regional airlines in the industry.

If you look at hourly pay rates, youre fooling yourself. You have to look at the overall compensation package. 100% Deadhead pay, 100% cancelation pay, 100% pay to/from training etc etc.

We get all of these perks that most other regionals do not. They might have higher pay rates, but if you look at W2's at the end of the year, we are at the top.

I made $107,000 last year on 6/7th CA year pay. Had I not been a commuter, I probably would have made another $7-10,000, as I had to bid for trips that had to be commutable. Most of the trips I held paid no less than 20 hours for a 4 day, and averaged 22 hours. I could have held the 25 hour 4 days, but they started at 5am-12pm, which were non-commutable.

My FO I just flew with has been here 3.5 years and is on track to make $52,000 this year. He is also a commuter. The guys that have been on the bottom for the last 3-4 year hiring stop are the vocal 10% minority who complain the loudest.

Latest resources

Back