• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest to buy Mesaba?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I absolutely agree with this, just look at what the interview process for Compass is now vs. before the merger. It does not appear as though our double-breasted owners appreciate the idea of someone else doing the hiring.

You mean how it was very similar to an NWA interview prior to the merger? I don't see how this means anything, it makes sense.

WOW

This rumor can trace its orgins to the flow through. Most ASA/Skywest pilots are upset they don;t have a flowthrough into Delta. Look at the rumors buying either compass or mesaba only thing in common...flowthrough. I'm sure the conversation went something like this in an ASA cockpit..."dude it totally sucks those mesaba guys got a flowthrough...i want to work at delta, well didn't ya here we are buying them, that way we get the flow too."

This rumor really comes down to ASA pilots wanting a flowthrough...guess what, merging with Mesaba pilois does not get you that. IF? this is true your company has to honor the mesaba contract, and yes the flow survives. Any changes to that contract has to be negioated, you (ASA) simply don';t get to pick up the parts you like and dump the rest.

In other words...if you want a flow then get you MEC to start negoiating with your company, Delta mgt, and the Delta MEC...it only took Mesaba about ten years to get this done with NWA...

I envision any company that buys Mesaba or Compass and more of a USair east/west thing.

Last edited:
WOW

This rumor can trace its orgins to the flow through. Most ASA/Skywest pilots are upset they don;t have a flowthrough into Delta. Look at the rumors buying either compass or mesaba only thing in common...flowthrough. I'm sure the conversation went something like this in an ASA cockpit..."dude it totally sucks those mesaba guys got a flowthrough...i want to work at delta, well didn't ya here we are buying them, that way we get the flow too."

This rumor really comes down to ASA pilots wanting a flowthrough...guess what, merging with Mesaba pilois does not get you that. IF? this is true your company has to honor the mesaba contract, and yes the flow survives. Any changes to that contract has to be negioated, you (ASA) simply don';t get to pick up the parts you like and dump the rest.

In other words...if you want a flow then get you MEC to start negoiating with your company, Delta mgt, and the Delta MEC...it only took Mesaba about ten years to get this done with NWA...

I envision any company that buys Mesaba or Compass and more of a USair east/west thing.

Your kidding right? I have never heard of anyone here talking or wishing for a flow and even if some had, do you think they could dictate to Inc. which companies to pursue.

Your kidding right? I have never heard of anyone here talking or wishing for a flow and even if some had, do you think they could dictate to Inc. which companies to pursue.

That my point...last time I checked not to many mgt types on here. Thios is a pilot generated rumor.

Tell me this...after you do a little research.

For the state of MN to drop their 200 million dollar claim against delta for closingthe NWA headqarters to Atlanta Delta threw them a bone. Guess what they did...they moved compass from Virgina to MN and kept mesaba's in MN along with Natco and a few other places. So if ASA, skywest or whomever is going to buy Mesaba or compass they better attach a 200 million dollar premimum to them because the state of MN will be comming after that money. Also after you have done a little research get back to me on what comettie a certain sentator from the state of MN sits on.

WOW

This rumor can trace its orgins to the flow through. Blah Blah

Blah Blah Blah

Blah Blah Blah

Blah Blah Blah

This has nothing to do with flow through....but everything to do with Delta offloading unwanted assets.

Your own colleagues are hearing this rumor over at Mesaba too.

WOW

This rumor can trace its orgins to the flow through. Most ASA/Skywest pilots are upset they don;t have a flowthrough into Delta.

Don't blame the ASA and/or Skywest pilots. This has nothing to do with them.

This rumor has been floating for a while but it has been amplified this week from within the Mesaba campus (as in the g.o. and training center). I think a lot of us at XJ are in denial that we could be sold and the certificate might go away. I don't want to see it happen but I'm sure not going to say it can't or won't happen. Most importantly, I'm not going to lash out at the ASA or Skywest pilots. This is not their fault and they may soon be our brothers. Let's not start a holy war over something none of us can control.

So what would someone get buying Mesaba? The flying that we do for Delta, the pilots, flight attendants, mechanics, and other employees. That's a lot of highly trained people who are already doing the job. Even though they could pay less for new hires, how soon can you staff 88 aircraft? Do you want all new hires doing that?

We know something is going on this week but we don't know what. I think most ASA and Skywest pilots that I have met are class acts and I would expect that if we were purchased or merged, they would do their best to welcome us just as we would do if the tables were turned.

Don't make this about them wanting a flowthrough. If they did, they could talk to Delta about it. Besides, if our certificate goes away odds are the flow is gone too. How mighty and tough can we talk then? We aren't any better than them in any way, shape, or form.

I have a lot of pride in the history of Mesaba too. Unfortunately to Delta that doesn't really matter.

Good luck to us all.

Last edited:
That my point...last time I checked not to many mgt types on here. Thios is a pilot generated rumor.

Tell me this...after you do a little research.

For the state of MN to drop their 200 million dollar claim against delta for closingthe NWA headqarters to Atlanta Delta threw them a bone. Guess what they did...they moved compass from Virgina to MN and kept mesaba's in MN along with Natco and a few other places. So if ASA, skywest or whomever is going to buy Mesaba or compass they better attach a 200 million dollar premimum to them because the state of MN will be comming after that money. Also after you have done a little research get back to me on what comettie a certain sentator from the state of MN sits on.

That's between Big Daddy D and the State of MN, not whoever buys Mesaba.

Plus they promised X many jobs in Minnesota. If we keep flying out of MSP, all those jobs still count. Get it?

I don't like this idea either but getting mad at the other carrier's pilots doesn't make it go away. Just because it doesn't make sense to you and me doesn't mean it won't happen either. This is a screwed up industry.

WOW

This rumor can trace its orgins to the flow through. Most ASA/Skywest pilots are upset they don;t have a flowthrough into Delta.

This rumor really comes down to ASA pilots wanting a flowthrough..

I don't know 1 pilot that wants a flow agreement. Your totally off base....ASA is more stable job because we don't have a flow agreement. Ask an Eagle guy what they think of flow

Lay off the sauce, brokeback. It's common knowledge that a buyout eliminates the flow through.

Latest resources

Back