• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest to buy Mesaba?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I made a simple observation about aircraft. If MESA dies and their aircraft are parted out then I would rather see them where I work. Doesn't mean I want folks to lose their jobs.

New Vacancy bid 10-3 out tonight at EV. Only one vacancy available per a/c showing but they can award more. Strange. Maybe there is truth to some sort of asset buyout/merger rumor.

Mesaba is currently owend by DL right? When CAL IPO'd XJT the flow thru went out the window.

the flow is written into the sale if the airline is sold. The only way the flow doesnt go along with the sale is if its negotiated away which i dont see happening.

Its been rumored for a long time that DALPA wants to have flowthrough agreements in place with all DCI carriers so as the regionals consolidate (more to come imho) than that may just happen.

Comair also hired a ton of guys, and then furloughed them.
You never can tell what Delta is doing next, because they have no idea themselves.

I am curious what exactly anyone would be buying if they purchased Mesaba.
Some old ground equipment? Some computers? Mesaba doesn't own anything significant. None of the airplanes. None of the buildings.

I mean sure Skywest could buy us but wouldn't it be cheaper to just setup their own NASA style SOC and tell Delta they could operate the 200's/900's cheaper and just convince them to turn them over?

This is an entertaining thread but other than buying the expenses of Mesaba - labor contracts and leases what do we have that Skywest wants that they couldn't get on their own?

Maybe Skywest is looking for another 90% capacity agreement out of DTW, MSP, MEM. Knowing how NWA was, I think the days of those kind of agreements is long past. It takes control away from Delta.

Skywest could get our planes just by being cheaper and Delta could give them to them. Buying us doesn't make sense. But this thread is certainly entertaining and it's making some people nervous and others hopeful. Me, well I will just wait and see. Most of the senior folks have been through worse.

Latest resources

Back