• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest to buy Mesaba?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yep. Sounds like Mesaba is soon to blend with ASA. We were told we'd hear by the end of the week.

I hope you boys in the Diiiiirty South will be nice to us Yankees... ;) I hope all the pilots from both sides remember we are all on the same team.

Deltalina says: "Buckle up! There is a chance of rough air
ahead."

Butters, of course you will be welcome in the south!

Just so you know their are a bunch of Yankees down here too.

I wonder how many ex-mesa airplanse you could staff with what it takes to staff 28 saabs?

I do not know what the flow through agreement looks like but those on property will probably retain the ability to flow over to Delta. When you buy a company you by its contractual agreements also. After that who knows how it would work out.

Goat

Mesaba is currently owend by DL right? When CAL IPO'd XJT the flow thru went out the window.

Does anyone have a source? Rgt? Pc? Heard it through an AC vent?

I dont know why this would be good for Skywest /Atlantic Southeast unless:

They Renegotiated the "2nd lowest cost DCI carrier" clause

or

They are buying Airframes and not people

I have heard this about Comair too(I do not wish this to happen), but I have heard that Delta wants to close the doors of Comair by the end of the year.

Something is in the works, no doubt, but I doubt any of us has guessed the correct senario

Medeco

Delta has already said that the Saabs are going to be gone. What's to say that Big D wont liquidate Mesaba, get rid of the 19-200's (we all know how much Delta hates 50-seaters) and sell off the 900's to the highest bidder for a quick cash infusion???

That will leave them with one less wholly-owned headache to deal with....

ASA voted for PBS in what? February? Maybe this is the real reason behind the delay in it's implementation.

Software is still being written for PBS. Won't be online 'till probably January. As for this Mesaba rumour, who knows. I talked to SH and CT today and neither of them budged when asked about it. Either they are very good poker players or this is all just hot air.

Latest resources

Back