• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest to buy Mesa and ExpressJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dubya, you might want to re read the contract..

I haven't read their contract, this is how it was explained to me by an XJT pilot.

Skywest Inc. can merge them with one airline or the other, from my understanding. Does the contract state something different?

I hear what you are saying about the Inc. side of things but I'm pretty sure all would need to combine. That was a big part of what killed the last attempt by SkyWest. ASA, Skywest and XJT would have to combine lists and Skywest did not go for that. I'll leave the final answer to the "experts" on our contract...

From our forum someone "heard from mx" : we have purchased (or purchased the leases for) Mesa's 22 700s and 38 900s and their associated flying. They are trying to round up mx personnel to inaugurate the PHX mx base.
Go ahead...you pay the D checks on those crapped out birds...

Skywest can buy XJT tomorrow and does not have to merge any lists until new aircraft are purchased. Once a new plane is brought on property all the lists must be merged. That could be years from now.

For the pilots at XJT read pages 223-226. and then call CG for clarification

Props

Skywest can buy XJT tomorrow and does not have to merge any lists until new aircraft are purchased. Once a new plane is brought on property all the lists must be merged. That could be years from now.

For the pilots at XJT read pages 223-226. and then call CG for clarification

Props

That is incorrect, XJT scope applies to the airline holding company which buys XJT, see Section 1 part D. What you are referencing is the side letter which prevents XJT Holding from creating a GOJets situation at XJT.

That is incorrect, XJT scope applies to the airline holding company which buys XJT, see Section 1 part D. What you are referencing is the side letter which prevents XJT Holding from creating a GOJets situation at XJT.

All correct. Section 1 Part D, 3a is what you are referring to on page 12. It basically says that if XJT is acquired or merged then the ALPA merger policy will apply if the other carrier is ALPA. It states further that if the other carrier is not ALPA then Sections 3 and 13 of the Allegheny-Mohawk Labor Protective Provisions ("LPP") shall apply. Either way, the outcome is required to be accepted by the new company.

Members, once again I need to remind you all to Not post phone numbers, emails, or other personal information on FI..

And for you guys that have been here a long time.. "you should" know better then to "quote" a violating post.. it gets delted as well.. come on!

Again for those new here, or those that have not taken the time to read the TOS of FI.. please do so NOW>>>> repeat offenders will not be given a second chance and will be suspended..

And yea, I never sleep.. 1am, 9am 3 pm, I see it all, not going to slip one by me or the other mods.. so dont even try...

I understood the incentive for skywest to try to buy expressjet the first time around because they wanted a foot in the door for the continental flying. I don't see why skywest would still be looking to buy expressjet out now that the UA/CO merger has been announced.

Am I missing something here?

Latest resources

Back