Skywest to buy Mesa and ExpressJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Erlanger

You heard it here first folks. Skywest to buy Mesa in the next few weeks and to try and buy ExpressJet again.

Buying Mesa is just plan stupid. Buying XJT would be managements endorsement for one-list SkyWest, ASA, and XJT. Over 6500 unionized/unified pilots sounds good to me, but I do not think it sounds good to Inc. management.

Go ahead and try to buy xjt, but the lists will either be merged or it won't happen.

As a SkyWest pilot I would welcome Mesa and XJet with merged lists. I think sgu doesn't care anymore about alpa, just loves the infighting and even with the huge downgrade in our healthcare and everything else we just get angry but don't do anything about it.

From our forum someone "heard from mx" : we have purchased (or purchased the leases for) Mesa's 22 700s and 38 900s and their associated flying. They are trying to round up mx personnel to inaugurate the PHX mx base.

As a SkyWest pilot I would welcome Mesa and XJet with merged lists. I think sgu doesn't care anymore about alpa, just loves the infighting and even with the huge downgrade in our healthcare and everything else we just get angry but don't do anything about it.

From our forum someone "heard from mx" : we have purchased (or purchased the leases for) Mesa's 22 700s and 38 900s and their associated flying. They are trying to round up mx personnel to inaugurate the PHX mx base.

Some of those planes are already at the Skywest hangar in SLC and a couple are already online with Mesa registry still on them.

Don't you think that Inc would be more concerned with lowering its overall costs than to keep its Skywest pilots the "purebloods" of no union? While they may not like the idea of a unionized work force in each labor group, it's fair to say they're more concerned with the bottom line. Should be interesting to watch and see....

Buying Mesa is just plan stupid. Buying XJT would be managements endorsement for one-list SkyWest, ASA, and XJT. Over 6500 unionized/unified pilots sounds good to me, but I do not think it sounds good to Inc. management.

Buying just Mesa's assets is genius.

Latest resources

Back