SkyWest Pilots: At least pretend to care

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Greener Pastures!

A whopping 500 or so pilots have voted so far. This is how the rest of the union drive will go. 25% "Vote ALPA!" 25% "ALPA?! they've done nothing for pilots, vote no!" and the remaining 50% "There is a union drive going on? I didn't know that. Oh well, I'm on my way to greener pastures as soon as I get the call."

Sometimes you get what you wish for.... I'm sure those "greener pastures" which you refer to have nothing to do with any unionized major or fractional. You would never consider going to a better-paying and easier job if it had a union, would you?

I guess it is OK to say "f-ALPA" at the regional level, but once you get to a major, the story changes a little, eh?

OK, maybe you are not a hypocrite-maybe "greener pastures" means some crap-ball check-flying service to you-or maybe it is a crappy corporate job where everyone gets fired every two years. Yeah, unions really suck, don't they?

I sincerely hope you get exactly what you claim to want-can't work with a unionized airline? Guess you can't work for any major, then....

Have a great time flying checks or rubber dog poop around! If unions really bite, then stay the hell away from all the good jobs-maybe I'll get the one you could have had.

-Good luck, Francis!

I don't think MN was run out, kicked out, or whatever. He was a trojan horse for the ALPA drive, he ran to stir things up. When Alaska called, I think he was already frustrated and embattled, and even if he wasn't he'd have left anyway for his 'dream job.' I wish him and all the others that went there luck.

Come on people, major airlines don't hire pilots on a few days notice, or a few weeks notice, at the pilot's convenience...

His departure for Alaska was a long-term project, and they happened to call when they did. He used the timing of the job offer to depart in manner that dramatized the situation.

The situation did in fact need to be dramatized.

Sometimes you get what you wish for.... I'm sure those "greener pastures" which you refer to have nothing to do with any unionized major or fractional. You would never consider going to a better-paying and easier job if it had a union, would you?

I guess it is OK to say "f-ALPA" at the regional level, but once you get to a major, the story changes a little, eh?

OK, maybe you are not a hypocrite-maybe "greener pastures" means some crap-ball check-flying service to you-or maybe it is a crappy corporate job where everyone gets fired every two years. Yeah, unions really suck, don't they?

I sincerely hope you get exactly what you claim to want-can't work with a unionized airline? Guess you can't work for any major, then....

Have a great time flying checks or rubber dog poop around! If unions really bite, then stay the hell away from all the good jobs-maybe I'll get the one you could have had.

-Good luck, Francis!
Do you have any idea what you are talking about? Re-read the post you are trying to insult. The guy is complaining about people that are trying to move on to greener pastures while ambivalent about the union drive at SkyWest, which if you worked there, you would probably understand.

He never said unions "bite". He didn't even imply it. Ignorant, pro-union posts like your do nothing but drive thinking fence-sitters farther away from union representation.

Jmoney, You misread my post. I was simply quoting what I believe about 50% of the SkyWest pilots think as far as the union drive. I wasn't quoting myself. I'm pro ALPA and have sent in my card. (More than once since this isn't my first drive) Read posts a little more carefully before you go off on someone. Thanks Bluto. ;)

Lets hope he can vote only once.

Although the voting records of the individuals running for SUCKA need to be posted internally. We need at least four candidates running for president.

Voting for Alpa even though I want to move on.

he quit, then he left. probably quit the prez job because he was leaving anyway.

WRONG. He quit because he was isolated and politically assasinated. He is fortunate to find work elsewhere and get out of here...

That's firsthand knowledge if you are wondering(as in, sitting across the table from MN after he resigned).

Getting on with another carrier made the decision easier...but those of us who are close the situation know how He was treated. JB and ME should be terminated for the creation of a hostile work environment. Not to mention a complete recall of all the reps who supported the mutinous uncancelled meeting.

YEAH BJ AND ME NEED A NICE BLANKET PARTY.

I have plenty of recall papers I am leaving around to be signed and these trailer trash guys need to be ousted out of SUCKA. It's bad enough that is funded by Uncle Rico and his good ole boy network.

Hugs!

Jmoney, You misread my post. I was simply quoting what I believe about 50% of the SkyWest pilots think as far as the union drive. I wasn't quoting myself. I'm pro ALPA and have sent in my card. (More than once since this isn't my first drive) Read posts a little more carefully before you go off on someone. Thanks Bluto. ;)

Yep-I did mis-read that one. People who complain about ALPA and then offer no better solution than just to make mgmt stronger (like Joe Merchant) really torque me off!

On my first read, I thought you were in that category, but alas! I was in error......

Sorry to mis-direct my wrath in the wrong direction, I must confess that this is probably because I'm a true bastard and jackass. I do have a bit of a short fuse on this issue-and tend to go off on anyone who reminds me of Joe Merchant.
-Sorry I misread that post and went off like the total bastard I am!

Hugs all around! -GO ALPA

Latest resources

Back