• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Pilots: At least pretend to care

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I won't vote. Last vote I voted MN, not BS and not JB. MN was ousted. I'm not so much pro ALPA as I am anti-Sapa right now.

Why pretend to Care?:rolleyes: If they don't care...THEY DON'T CARE. Begging for votes on FI is kind of funny though.:laugh:

I will bet $1000 that HelloMoron is still here but is afraid of getting the beatdown so he is trying to tell everyone as often as he can that he really doesn't work here anymore. Either that or he is really BH.

That's my take as well. He's just trying to throw people off of his trail. My guess is, he's still at SKW.

Why should SKYW pilots care? They haven't cared for years and look at where its got them: nice pretty CRJ-900s and a 1 year upgrade. . . that's all I care about!!!

But didn't the transcripts state that Skywest finances SAPA 100%?
There's no debate as to who finances SAPA. The company doesn't try to hide the fact that they finance it 100%. The Company's position is that somehow, them financing it 100% isn't a conflict of interest, that's the real mind-blower.

As far as who to vote for, my perspective is that a vote for JB is a vote for status quo. I, too, voted for MN and think he could have done some substantial things for this pilot group had he not been effectively hamstrung by JB, ME, etc. As for MN, at least he's in a better place now.

If you don't support SAPA, abstaining from the vote is a message, but not a very clear one. I think SGU sees a 40% voter turnout as an indication that the pilots are happy and don't care what happens, knowing that their future is secure in the hands of their gracious, SGU overlords.

On the other hand, a 100% voter turnout with 99.9% voting for BS, is a clear message that this group is rejecting our current leadership. Isn't that a valuable message to convey?

Is BS a new beginning for SAPA? I don't think so. I've talked to him and consider him to be generally honest, but like most SAPA reps and board members, I think he's probably convinced that we are being treated about as well as we can expect. I disagree, but I think his attitudes are less dangerous than the alternative.

If you want to see real changes, contact an ALPA Organizing Committee member, volunteer and be a part of the solution.

For the SkyWest haters out there, it is kind of sad that we have to resort to unofficial means of communication, but the company is in charge here and communicating with us is not always their top priority.

As for the ALPA vote, the drive is progressing and far from stagnant.

On the other hand, a 100% voter turnout with 99.9% voting for BS, is a clear message that this group is rejecting our current leadership. Isn't that a valuable message to convey?

Is BS a new beginning for SAPA? I don't think so. I've talked to him and consider him to be generally honest, but like most SAPA reps and board members, I think he's probably convinced that we are being treated about as well as we can expect.

Bluto,

I totally agree with you on these points, and would agree with BS that we are being treated about as well as we can expect.

as for the ALPA drive, what would you say is the biggest challenge that the OC faces? It can't be that they haven't communicated their message clearly enough or to enough people. What would you say it is?

Last edited:
Bluto,
as for the ALPA drive, what would you say is the biggest challenge that the OC faces? It can't be that they haven't communicated their message clearly enough or to enough people. What would you say it is?

Convincing the 1st and 2nd year guys to take an interest in their careers and their profession.

Convincing the 1st and 2nd year guys to take an interest in their careers and their profession.
and 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th year guys, too.
The primary obstacle with the ALPA drive at SkyWest, as I see it, is simply that things are changing so slowly and insidiously, that it's hard to keep track of how they used to be. There is no system in place to keep track of the company's past behavior to track the continual hits to our overall pay and QOL.

It's the boiling frog analogy. We have endured a steady decrease in effective pay and benefits while the company has made steady improvements in its industry position. I can only be happy for SkyWest's successes for so long while playing an active contributing role and seeing decreasing rewards in return.

Having said that, I think recent events with the "leadership" of SAPA have opened the eyes of many SkyWest pilots as to who SAPA really works for. I think the ALPA drive has as good a chance as ever of succeeding. ALPA representation is by no means assured, but many of our pilots are working very hard to volunteer their time to the effort. If SAPA had the same level of interest and participation, I don't think we'd be having a union drive at all.

How can a company that paints such a rosy picture to its investors argue that Brasilia pilots are worth less today than they were 7 years ago? How can a company that made substantial gains through the unopposed implementation of PBS not give anything back to the pilot group who suffers as a result of that implementation?

SkyNation,
I'm sorry you feel that way, you have a right to your opinion, though I think you will find that you are in the minority when it comes to SkyWest pilots. As one of the most profitable regional airlines we remain near the bottom compensation-wise for our 70 and 90 seat aircraft. How can you justify that?

Latest resources

Back