Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest New Pay Proposal........nice Slap In The Face.......lets Flush It Down!!!

• Thread starter Halo_RJdriver
  • Start date
  • Watchers 35

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We must remember that even if you have issues with potential union membership, a vote against this "TA" is completely separate from a union vote.

The fact that this agreement has no termination date should be grounds for immediate dismissal.

We can debate the union at a later time...

Jerry Atkin met some of ASA's employees yesterday in ATL. He used the phrase "CRJ 700 or 900 configured with 70 seats" a couple of times. Much seems to depend on what Delta wants - Delta is our customer.

Also, although it has not been confirmed, my understanding is the current concourse C rennovation plan in Atlanta does not have the space for the -900, it is too long an airplane.

At the same time Delta's proposed mainline payrates are hugely concessionary and currently give them the pole position on the ALPA sponsored Race to the Bottom. You can expect the Delta offer to be ratified with minor changes.

As is usually the case, the Delta boys swallow whatever comes their way and they do 180 degree turns faster than Mexican jumping beans on caffeinated crack. (Just a weeks ago the Jet Blue pilots were ruining the industry, now....)

Comair management, Fred Buttrell, is quoted as saying the Q400 is in play for United flying out West. Jerry Atkin did not mention it even though several questions might have brought that response if SkyWest were looking at the idea of bringing on another fleet type.

Some have advocated voting yes (take what you can), then vote the union in later to get more. So.... Just a question for ya.

If this thing has NO expiration date and it is voted it, then it becomes part of the policy manual. When you vote-in a union in a few months then the current policy manual becomes the initial contract. So the question is, when do you start negotiating a better deal, now that you've handed management a legal/binding contract for life?

The ultimate power of the union is the legal ability to strike (provided you follow the proper steps). Will the NMB release you to strike if you have a legal contract that has no amendable date? Just wondering???

Smoked Toilet said:
Viper-
Jerry has already said he doesn't want the CRJ-900. This is not a big issue at this company. Why would someone buy the 900 now, with the E-jet's coming out? I really think that this is the way the pay scales will go at airlines in the future. A CL-65 rate gives management more flexibility, but remember it also gives the pilots flexibility in terms of picking trips up. With the ability to fly both the 50 and the 70 this month, I credit 126 hours. Not bad if you ask me. It would be a pay cut for me to have split rates and not be able to help other pilots out and pick up their trips. I wouldn't sweat the 900, now the EMB-120 scale is a good thing. Think Q400's....
If they don't want the 900 then they should have no problem changing CL-65 to CRJ-200/700

I can't believe how many people still make the fundamental mistake of equating the almighty "ALPA National" with individual contracts. If you are unhappy with a carrier's CBA, place your blame where it belongs...with that carrier's MEC as well as its pilot group for ratifying it. ALPA National doesn't come in on a white horse and "right the wrongs" contrary to popular belief nor is that their job. They are a toolbox of resources for each individual MEC (read: pilot group) to utilize to better their own situation individually.

-Neal

Neal:

ALPA National does have an obligation to represent all of its members equally and uphold its Constitution and Bylaws. ALPA National should not encourage and sign off on its individual MEC's acting as predators trying to bite off other members' flying.

ALPA has an exteemly poor record of encouraging alter ego flying and sponsoring the race for the bottom.

ALPA is about to die as a result of a million self inflicted cuts. ALPA has to change its representational structure or else regional airlines would be wise to avoid the union all together.

~~~^~~~

~~~^~~~ said:
Neal:

ALPA National does have an obligation to represent all of its members equally and uphold its Constitution and Bylaws. ALPA National should not encourage and sign off on its individual MEC's acting as predators trying to bite off other members' flying.

ALPA has an exteemly poor record of encouraging alter ego flying and sponsoring the race for the bottom.

ALPA is about to die as a result of a million self inflicted cuts. ALPA has to change its representational structure or else regional airlines would be wise to avoid the union all together.

~~~^~~~

Fins,

We represent ourselves...not once during our process did ALPA National tell us what to do or how to do it...they provided guidance and we made our own decision at our NC/MEC level. Period.

-Neal

pinkbush said:
What you dont realize BLOWDREW is that I'm in here watching what is said about a certain company. As a data base is compiled of certain employees who's usernames are attatched to their real names is being built, they continue to destroy thier image, character, and employment. Thanks for asking though my friend.

Clever.

Latest resources

Back