Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest New Pay Proposal........nice Slap In The Face.......lets Flush It Down!!!

• Thread starter Halo_RJdriver
  • Start date
  • Watchers 35

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Smoked Toilet said:
Viper-
Jerry has already said he doesn't want the CRJ-900. This is not a big issue at this company. .

At one point Jerry might have said he didn't foresee buying jets at all. Scope will be going out the window to some extent. Bombardier could build a CL-65 with more seats and better engines that Jerry likes better than the current version. Don't think for a minute that we can rule out a larger CL-65 variant.

If Bombardier offers a product that pencils out and makes sense to the leadership they might buy it. Jerry is a brilliant CEO. Look where he's taken the company since the early 1970's. Look for him to make more smart moves. Your guesswork at what may or may not show up on the property is hardly a reason to vote one way or the other. You have to judge the proposal solely on its merits. Don't wrap yourself around an axle guessing which airplane is coming next.

Dave Benjamin said:
Your guesswork at what may or may not show up on the property is hardly a reason to vote one way or the other. You have to judge the proposal solely on its merits.
AMEN!!
This is exactly the kind of thinking that got us into the 70 TA in the first place "Well, the 18 months will almost be up by the time we get a few of the 70's...it can't hurt..." and look where it led us.

Smoked Toilet said:
A CL-65 rate gives management more flexibility, but remember it also gives the pilots flexibility in terms of picking trips up. With the ability to fly both the 50 and the 70 this month, I credit 126 hours. Not bad if you ask me.

It's attitudes like this that make it possible for idiots to run airlines.

JoeMerchant said:
Neal,
Tell that to the CCAir pilots. They may have a different opinion since DW REFUSED to sign their TA.

Perhaps you should tell the rest of that story though...

JoeMerchant said:
Here at ASA, ALPA did tell our MEC how to do it. Our MEC wanted to negotiate with Delta management. ALPA national said that only the DAL MEC could negotiate with Delta management.

Joe

No, ALPA gave you guys guidance on what was realistically possible which you can either ignore or heed....y'all's call. Bottomline is that you guys worked for a subsidiary of Delta...and you had no legal way to force/compel DAL management to sit and talk with you. We at XJT would have loved to have been able to sit down with Bethune/Kellner to talk about a new FTA/SSL...but we also knew it was an impossible goal to achieve (to force them to talk to us).

Some you RJDC types are way too "sensitive" about ALPA and ALPA National, etc. Just my 2 cents though...not worth much.

-Neal

pinkbush said:
What you dont realize BLOWDREW is that I'm in here watching what is said about a certain company. As a data base is compiled of certain employees who's usernames are attatched to their real names is being built, they continue to destroy thier image, character, and employment. Thanks for asking though my friend.

I can back up this comment. I also know first hand about a new hire who was mouthing off on this forum and they found out who it was and took back their offer of employment before he showed up to class.

RoyalAviation2 said:
I can back up this comment. I also know first hand about a new hire who was mouthing off on this forum and they found out who it was and took back their offer of employment before he showed up to class.

Yet another reason to vote in a UNION!

If he was a newhire, even at a union, he would be on probation, and the union would have a very difficult time protecting him. it's fairly easy to get fired on probation....anywhere...bad example of a need for union. Let's focus on
1. the need for an actual contract
2. medical assistance
3. accident assistance
4. negotiation assistance.

Mookie

An apology to my fellow SkyWest guys and gals...

The crew room computer can be an evil place to leave yourself signed in. I think those were the only two posts that were hijacked. Let me know if there were more.

My fault.

-------------
You gotst my vote brothas - Haelll no to 1.2. That 90 be "one big ass vessel"

A special apology to Bluto and Viper for taking the time to set things straight.. My bad. Dont know who you are, but Ill buy ya a beer on an overnight some day.

Last edited:
Russ said:
"A CL-65 rate gives management more flexibility, but remember it also gives the pilots flexibility in terms of picking trips up. With the ability to fly both the 50 and the 70 this month, I credit 126 hours. Not bad if you ask me"

How can you fight a mentality like this?
Really quite simple, with a CLUB. Just Tanya Harding his knees, and shins.
You can take a tool out of the toolbox, but it(he), is still a tool.
PBR

I just voted no. Not so much for me, I'm new, but for everyone in my pilot group who was here and agreed to the TA and has seen nothing out of it.

You guys (and gals) deserve better.

Latest resources

Back