Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest New Pay Proposal........nice Slap In The Face.......lets Flush It Down!!!

• Thread starter Halo_RJdriver
  • Start date
  • Watchers 35

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BluDevAv8r said:
Fins,

We represent ourselves...not once during our process did ALPA National tell us what to do or how to do it...they provided guidance and we made our own decision at our NC/MEC level. Period.

-Neal
And yet DW himself had to sign and "approve" the contract. Your not quite as independant as you seem to think.

BluDevAv8r said:
Fins,

We represent ourselves...not once during our process did ALPA National tell us what to do or how to do it...they provided guidance and we made our own decision at our NC/MEC level. Period.

-Neal

Neal,
Tell that to the CCAir pilots. They may have a different opinion since DW REFUSED to sign their TA.

Here at ASA, ALPA did tell our MEC how to do it. Our MEC wanted to negotiate with Delta management. ALPA national said that only the DAL MEC could negotiate with Delta management.

Joe

JoeMerchant said:
Here at ASA, ALPA did tell our MEC how to do it. Our MEC wanted to negotiate with Delta management. ALPA national said that only the DAL MEC could negotiate with Delta management.

You are not working for Delta, so you can't negotiate with Delta management. That's a pretty simple concept really. You might as well demand to negotiate with Cathay Pacific management. You work for them just about as much as you work for Delta. Say it a few times: "I work for ASA. I don't work for Delta." Repeat as necessary until the RJDC brainwashing wears off.

PCL_128 said:
You are not working for Delta, so you can't negotiate with Delta management. That's a pretty simple concept really. You might as well demand to negotiate with Cathay Pacific management. You work for them just about as much as you work for Delta. Say it a few times: "I work for ASA. I don't work for Delta." Repeat as necessary until the RJDC brainwashing wears off.

Oh man, why waste your time??

FmrFreightDog said:
Oh man, why waste your time??

What can I say? I've got 10 days off in a row and I'm bored. :)

Smoked Toilet said:
A CL-65 rate gives management more flexibility, but remember it also gives the pilots flexibility in terms of picking trips up. With the ability to fly both the 50 and the 70 this month, I credit 126 hours. Not bad if you ask me.
Wow. I don't even know how to respond to this. That's just ridiculous. You honestly defend flying the 70 for 50-rates based on the fact that it lets you pick up more trips?! I think that's the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Why would a split rate change anything about that situation? It's not like changing the rates for the 70 would require an additional type rating Toilet. How difficult is it for the company to pay an override to check airmen when doing IOE? It would be very simple.

Smoked Toilet said:
With a look at the current industry, I can't help but realize how greedy some of us are being.
If you really believe this, I suggest you leave the industry since your view is dangerously skewed. Has SkyWest management considered themselves lucky to avoid a pay-cut since the CEO at Delta is going to take one? Absoulutely not. We don't work for Delta. We work for a consistently profitable company with money in the bank.
Smoked Toilet said:
Integrating the lists is certainly going to happen once Alpa comes on board. I welcome feedback.
Integrating the lists is ABSOLUTELY NOT A CERTAINTY if SkyWest were to choose ALPA. Why do the Anti-ALPA types keep saying this?! It's ridiculous and has zero basis in fact. Delta owned both Comair and ASA (Both ALPA, in case you didn't know) for quite a while, and this part may shock you, THEY WERE NEVER MERGED!!!! The level of ignorance regarding ALPA in this pilot group is disgusting to me. Get involved in your industry or get out of it. I'm thoroughly tired of people with zero facts pretending to understand ALPA and what it means to our pilot group and the industry in general.

p.s.
*open-ended agreement = No vote
*Agreeing to fly any 90-seater for 50-seat rates = No vote (no matter how many trips I can pick up :rolleyes: )
*1.2%? Who cares? The 50-seat rates are fine. Leave them alone if you want, but I will NEVER vote to fly a 90-seat airplane for our current 50-seat rates.

This pay agreement appears to save us from a few things (EMB-190 for current rates, Q-400 for Bro rates) but the things we give up in return (agreeing to fly a 90-seat airplane for 50-seat rates, agreeing to an open-ended agreement, giving in yet again to a sub-standard pay agreement) are too costly. I think we're better off sending a message. If it only costs me 1.2%, great.

Honestly, I don't see how we can win from our current position. The anti-ALPA propoganda has poisoned too many people against it, and too many people have the "Comair might furlough so we should be happy with nothing" mentality. Larger airplanes are coming. Our weak, misinformed pilot group will likely agree to fly them for industry-lowering rates out of fear. SkyWest will earn record-breaking profits while our pilots set the standard for doing more while earning less. Congratulations.

Last edited:
"A CL-65 rate gives management more flexibility, but remember it also gives the pilots flexibility in terms of picking trips up. With the ability to fly both the 50 and the 70 this month, I credit 126 hours. Not bad if you ask me"

How can you fight a mentality like this?

I don't think it's the CL-65 RATE that gives management and pilots flexibility. Its that the CRJ-200 and -700 are a common type and the company allows us to fly mixed schedules.

Latest resources

Back