Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest may finally have a reasonable chance of voting a union in...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Intervewing ton's of ex union airline pilots right now, all trying to gets jobs flying on-demand air cargo out of YIP. ABX, DHL, Midwest Express, NJ and others. Union did wonders for their careers.

I bet they were all wearing black socks, too. I'd wager it was the black socks that ruined their careers.

ruined the interview also.

I bet they were all wearing black socks, too. I'd wager it was the black socks that ruined their careers.
In the on-demand business we like guys who wear white socks to an interview.

Also incorrect. When created, ALPA's primary purpose was protecting its members from getting killed in incredibly unsafe working conditions. Pay was secondary.
Are you telling us that you, the ALPO cheerleader hasn't read Flying the Line?
I went back and checked my copy of it, and the man is right. ALPA claimed it was all about the pilots pay.
This safety thing you speak of is just ALPA's way to say "We suck and will urge you guys to take a pay cut to live to fight another day. So therefore our new focus is Safety!"

I like how you guys vote on ALPA and management is already outsourcing your flying to SKW. You deserve it.

Intervewing ton's of ex union airline pilots right now, all trying to gets jobs flying on-demand air cargo out of YIP. ABX, DHL, Midwest Express, NJ and others. Union did wonders for their careers.
But Unions can stop an airline from reducing it's flying and shutting down!

Page 2

"ALPA's primary function has always been to make sure pilots got a decent wage"

Hopkins should write a 3rd book:

ALPA: The Union that Lost Its Way

If you would read a bit past page 2, you might learn that priorities were a little bit different in the early 1930s, and safety was a far bigger concern than a pay check.

If you would read a bit past page 2, you might learn that priorities were a little bit different in the early 1930s, and safety was a far bigger concern than a pay check.
No...they actually weren't. That's why Hopkins is a highly respected authority figure on the subject, and you're just a pilot with some PFT stain on your resume.

Wow, you suck at reading, because it doesn't say that at all.

Latest resources

Back