Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest may finally have a reasonable chance of voting a union in...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No...they actually weren't. That's why Hopkins is a highly respected authority figure on the subject, and you're just a pilot with some PFT stain on your resume.

oooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh-SHAZAM!!!!!!

Last edited:
The only jobs ALPA really protects are those in Herndon...

In the on-demand business we like guys who wear white socks to an interview.

GogglesPisano, I believe that he missed the point.....again.

And these are the guys representing us:rolleyes:

We'd be better off on our own rather than having these numbnuts telling us what to think.
SkyWest is doing just fine on their own. ALPA would just lower them to the lever of every other regional.

All I want, is an entity which I am willing to pay a small percent of my salary, to protect a life long career, and not leave it at the discretion of just one middle managment person.

An entity that will protect me at a legal standpoint against the company, medically, and the FAA, when things go bad.

I do not think this will increase our wages, but will help us here on securing our jobs. As it stands now in the words of a judge from the last union drive: "You are all at present, at "will" employees, and not covered under any contract with your managment." We have at present, no leg to stand on when they change the interpretation of the "policy manual".

It is true, that managment treats us better than other airlines out there. But it is the fear of a union at Skywest that drives them to calculate every decision and step they take with us. They figure where and when to take benefits, and or change policies in a way that will not affect all employees, but a small group here and there, so as to not give the majority a chance to vote unanimosly.

The ones I have seen that are against unions here, are still very junior, and are so greatful for the LOA'S they feel a union at Skywest would have made them be furlough by now.

The ones for a union, are tired of years of "policy interpretations", no "payroll manual to go by", and no "job security".

That is my 2 cents.

Latest resources

Back