• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest IAH Base, What If ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can't believe people think we are actually excited about doing this flying (aside from the occasional few guys that live in the Houston/surrounding areas)..

The bid is out. Nobody has been displaced at Skywest. All of the positions in IAH were bid. Bad times ahead....

Yogi

If the arbitrator says it's not legal and CAL [UAL] goes through with it, are you guys going to fly it? We'll take it to whatever level we can. The question is what are you guys flying for these companies going to do when you're at a point of decision?

No. We won't. I don't see how we can We already don't want to fly it. To play devils advocate, what will you guys do if the arbitrator says it is legal?

Hope you prevail. Most of us think this sucks but I am getting a little sick of the focus on IAH with not much talk about EWR. Is REP above this?

Last edited:
Just spoke with my rep. He stated that the bylaw is for union carrier to union carrier. FWIW

Yogi

So, according to your rep, the ALPA code of ethics only applies to other Union carriers? So ALPA members only have to be what ALPA defines as professional part of the time?

Seems a bit fishy to me...

I commute out of IAH and I am definately not excited about this flying being as contested as it is. I haven't decided whether to accept/decline a houston transfer but part of me thinks that I'm screwed either way. If I decline the bid and continue to commute out of IAH how would I know I won't end up on a blacklist since I'll be in uniform in terminal C going to/from work.

I am just putting info out, so don't shoot the messenger. In some comm at CAL, some very important info has come to light. Skywest pilots refused to fly Comair work during the strike, refused the USAir Jets for Jobs program and refused Republic flying. Not a single pilot was fired or disciplined. The 'fly it or get fired' excuse is certainly losing ground with the CAL pilots. According to one source, this was communicated to your jumpseat coordinator today in IAH...

Yogi

Are CAL pilots on strike? Comair pilots were on strike.

What does USAir Jets for Jobs have to do with Skywest flying for the new UAL?

What does "refused Republic flying" mean?

Why is this "very important information?"

Are CAL pilots on strike? Comair pilots were on strike.

What does USAir Jets for Jobs have to do with Skywest flying for the new UAL?

What does "refused Republic flying" mean?

Why is this "very important information?"

Very simply, in the past you have stood up to management and said NO! Now, you are saying, "If we say NO, we will get fired." Many pilots at CAL and UAL are putting up the BS flag on that excuse...

This is important, as it shows your stance in the past, but now...

Yogi

Yogi,

The US Air flying was put up for a vote, BY MANAGEMENT, to the pilot group. The group voted it down. This was not put up for a vote. Also, Comair was ON STRIKE. If Continental strikes, I am sure a different senario will be put into play.

And What is the "refused republic flying"?

Yogi,

And What is the "refused republic flying"?

I'm not sure, I pulled the info off of an internal web board. I will try to follow up. If it is nothing, I apologize for copying and posting the info! Perhaps a Skywest guy in the know could chime in...

Yogi

For the record, I am against a j/s war, but I will have to follow the will of the CAL/UAL pilots!

Latest resources

Back