SkyWest IAH Base, What If ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yogi,

I went back and read it again. This flying doesn't fall under the "Express Flying" section as that flying can only be done in 50 seat jets and turboprops. This flying clearly falls under the "Complimentary" flying just like the United flying...Better go back and read it again....

Read it again Joe, especially the part where no complimentary carrier can operate a flight in and out of a CAL (not UAL/USAir) hub, while carrying it's primary code as a CAL flight (not codeshare code). Geez, how you only understand what you want to understand, so much for that 4 year degree you claim to have!

Yogi

Read it again Joe, especially the part where no complimentary carrier can operate a flight in and out of a CAL (not UAL/USAir) hub, while carrying it's primary code as a CAL flight (not codeshare code). Geez, how you only understand what you want to understand, so much for that 4 year degree you claim to have!

Yogi

1. Then how is United going to operate out of IAH, EWR, and CLE with a CAL code?

2. CAL isn't going to be the primary code....United is the primary code.

1. Then how is United going to operate out of IAH, EWR, and CLE with a CAL code?

2. CAL isn't going to be the primary code....United is the primary code.

Joe,

Give it up already, let's see what happens in the arbitration... You constantly try to justify the situation as an attorney trying to get around a written contract.

The first is handled in the Transition Agreement. No problem! Block hour agreement!

The second is a CAL primary code!

RIF...I hope you know what that means. So, read it again as well as the TPA!

Yogi

WTF do you think UAL management is doing!?

Now it all makes sense, Joe Merchant is management!!!

We are battling that front with management, we don't need you regional folks siding with them! And then you cry about j/s wars etc??? What do you expect from mainline with those attitudes???

Yogi

What do you expect from mainline with those attitudes?

Me? I don't work at Skywest and don't yet have a dog in this fight...

But last I checked, CAL/UAL mainline was the ones taking photos of pilots, adding them their names to some 'do not ever hire' list and engaging in other intimidation tactics.

I don't want a jumpseat war any more than the next guy...but if I ever see a UAL guy get thrown off the airplane because of his intimidation of a UX pilot who bid a base he didn't like...I wouldn't exactly disapprove.

Take it up with your management...not the SKYW pilots.

Me? I don't work at Skywest and don't yet have a dog in this fight...

But last I checked, CAL/UAL mainline was the ones taking photos of pilots, adding them their names to some 'do not ever hire' list and engaging in other intimidation tactics.

I don't want a jumpseat war any more than the next guy...but if I ever see a UAL guy get thrown off the airplane because of his intimidation of a UX pilot who bid a base he didn't like...I wouldn't exactly disapprove.

Take it up with your management...not the SKYW pilots.

BRAVO!...You pick a fight with my fellow Skywest pilots over something they don't control, then you have picked a fight with me....

BRAVO!...You pick a fight with my fellow Skywest pilots over something they don't control, then you have picked a fight with me....

What do you mean "something they don't control?" I thought every Skywest pilot who will be flying illegal contract violating flights out of IAH voluntarily bid for it? BTW, assuming there is a valid list of the previously mentioned characters, I would NEVER support denying a jumpseat or blacklisting from future UAL employment any Skywest pilot NOT on the aformentioned list. If you voluntarily bid to help mgt violate my contract and take my job however.....

The IAH base will be too small in Jan. to be flown only by pilots whom have bid for the IAH base. It will be covered by SkyWest pilots from other bases for about the first 6 months of 2011. I am senior enough to bid away from this flying, but junior pilots will have a choice between flying or firing. It is the junior pilots that seem to support the CAL pilots most in their scope fight. Too bad these rogue CAL pilots will be hurting the ones who want to back them up.

If, before the merger of UAL and Continental, Continental had abandoned a 50 seat route flown by expressjet and UAL had decided to fly the same route with a 66 seat aircraft flown by Ruepublic, would that have been a violation of the Continental pilots contract?

Latest resources

Back