• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest Hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Some of you maybe pissed off that they tek yer job but you have to admit SKW management really knows how to run an airline without pissing off their workforce like most do. ALPA couldn't even jump aboard, must be some place. It's just amazing how so many companies choose the low side because business 101 calls for happy employees equals more profits.

couldn't have said it better.

Some of you maybe pissed off that they tek yer job but you have to admit SKW management really knows how to run an airline without pissing off their workforce like most do. ALPA couldn't even jump aboard, must be some place. It's just amazing how so many companies choose the low side because business 101 calls for happy employees equals more profits.

...and the truth-will set you free!!!

It isn't Skywest that is lowering the bar....It is ALPA contracts at Mesa and Compass.....How is that?

The Compass pilots are the cheapest out there....

No, I just don't have any respect for pilot groups that keep the bar low. Ask any Air Whisky pilot how they like east coast flying since their DEN and ORD base was overridden by Skywest and Mesa pay scales. Ask an unemployed Skyway pilot in MKE how much they like Skywest. Skywest and Mesa are synonymous, only Skywest doesn't have a union. The "majority" of their pilots prefer to ride on the coat-tails of an ASA pilot. They didn't piss in my Cheerios, just on the profession. I really hope they will prove me wrong, and lead the industry someday. I guess they may be able once everyone else is out of a job.

Who do you work for? You have a Mormon statue in your avatar. You flew the Metro and the CRJ. Those are former Skywest birds... What's really going on here?

Who do you work for? You have a Mormon statue in your avatar. You flew the Metro and the CRJ. Those are former Skywest birds... What's really going on here?

With all due respect, if you have to ask, nevermind.

Trojan

So if I read some of these posts correctly, I should feel guilty that for reasons of dumb luck many years ago, I fell into what turned out to be a pretty good gig.

I should refuse to fly anything without props or to a new city (or anything east of KVEL) because somehow I am responsible for the misguided management at other airlines and the savvy of my own. I have the direct ability to control the industry's economic decisions and also affect another airlines' completion factor, on-time performance, customer satisfaction ratings and CASM - despite what their CEOs' fuzzy math might try to show.

Out of solidarity to those who would just as soon see me and mine out of work, I should be doing everything in my power to make myself less attractive to current and future business partners.

My company seems to understand that a happy employee might be better motivated to save a few bucks whenever possible while passing that positive culture to those that ultimately pay for our lifestyles. What a concept.

you read correctly. And rest assured, the idiots here will continue to stoop to new levels of jackassishness and doouchebaggery in repeating that same mantra over and over again.

To get back on topic (I hope), I wonder how long it will take if/when they start calling poolies for class to start actually hiring again. I wouldn't be surprised to see some classes starting in Q3 of '09, but I am assuming they will be pulling from the pool for a while.

Latest resources

Back