• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Skywest Hiring?

CFIT

Gimme your money
Total Time
1:51pm
I heard there is a possibility of a small class near the end of Jan or first part of Feb.

But that could all change with any small variable that hits the market.

I have no idea if that would require new interviewees, or if we have a pool to draw from.

I just train them, I don't hire them.

ehaecker

Tail Dragger
Total Time
Texa$
I would be surprised if there were any classes before Q3 of '09. I would sure love to be wrong :)

Dubya

Part time genius
Total Time
38 Mesa 900's in pre-maintenance inspection.
Jan. flying for US Air out of PHX

Mesa sucks. All your US Air PHX flying are belong to SKW.

W

flyboyzz1

Total Time
#
good one W...Don't chomp on that bs folks...

Although I wouldn't mind if it were true

MoroniMetro

Total Time
5000+
I would be surprised if there were any classes before Q3 of '09. I would sure love to be wrong :)

I bet you would love it you little Skywest dirtbag. You might want to wish for a major to be hiring. They may have a higher pay scale for flying a DC-9. How does the "over-ride" work again for the CRJ-900?

ehaecker

Tail Dragger
Total Time
Texa$
I bet you would love it you little Skywest dirtbag. You might want to wish for a major to be hiring. They may have a higher pay scale for flying a DC-9. How does the "over-ride" work again for the CRJ-900?
Wow, excuse me for wishing to get off reserve. How dare I? What am I supposed to want? For us to furlough? Would that make you happy? I guess I am a dirtbag for wanting a better QOL?

Last edited:

OARfan

Total Time

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Mesa have a higher hourly rate than Skywest for the 900?

USCtrojan

Banned
KolobWestwind
Total Time
Mucho
Wow, excuse me for wishing to get off reserve. How dare I? What am I supposed to want? For us to furlough? Would that make you happy? I guess I am a dirtbag for wanting a better QOL?

You don't disagree with Moroni Metro. He da man. And yes, he hates skywest enough that he would be happy to see you without a job....if you work for skywest. Better yet...Tell you what, why don't ya head on down to phoenix on a Thurs. night and go the The Library. Rock all night with the GStringer, and maybe, if you're lucky Moroni will buy you a beer. And then, and only then can you understand the Moroni Metro....Good luck!

Trojan

altimaklr

Total Time
Skyw often has more reserves in each domicile than Pinnacle has systemwide. Obviously they hired a lot in 2008 expecting something to happen that hasn't happened yet... I'd like them to start hiring too so I can apply, but I don't see it happening anytime soon - especially when Midwest bites the bullet and those pilots need to be reabsorbed.

SkyNation

U.S. American
Total Time
12:34
we're getting 100 CRJ1000's. either that or we're furloughing 300. I've heard both.

Dubya

Part time genius
Total Time

SKW pisss in your Cheerios?

W

sstearns2

Total Time
Please people, the only thing to discuss is the HNL -700 domicile. Chips is building a condo complex on the north shore for us and I just got appointed to the FA selection committee. It's going to be sweet.... you'll see.

Scott

ps- the tahiti overnights are mine.. all mine... me, muffin, bambi and some lucky FO....

Goose Egg

Big Jens
Total Time
3k-ish

Korihor? Is that really you? Man, it's been a while.

-Goose

BigLebowski

Total Time
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Mesa have a higher hourly rate than Skywest for the 900?

mmmmno.

Hourly payscale is higher. Not to mention profit sharing here at SkyW which bumps me up a few more bucks and hour. Stock purchase plan is awesome. I could probably get really specific here but don't have the energy.

ehaecker

Tail Dragger
Total Time
Texa$
You don't disagree with Moroni Metro. He da man. And yes, he hates skywest enough that he would be happy to see you without a job....if you work for skywest. Better yet...Tell you what, why don't ya head on down to phoenix on a Thurs. night and go the The Library. Rock all night with the GStringer, and maybe, if you're lucky Moroni will buy you a beer. And then, and only then can you understand the Moroni Metro....Good luck!

Trojan

Wishing other pilots out of a job, way to uphold the "professional image." People with that kind of attitude have no business being a professional pilot.