• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest Hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wishing other pilots out of a job, way to uphold the "professional image." People with that kind of attitude have no business being a professional pilot.
You've just got to be careful around Moroni Metro.
This time of year he gets flashbacks of a bad overnight he had. Long story short, he ended up getting tied up by a bunch of angry midgets wearing Hillary Clinton masks. One of them was wearing a Banana Hamock with the Skywest logo on the front.
They all took turns on him with the "Super Colon Destroyer 2000" all night long.

Wishing other pilots out of a job, way to uphold the "professional image." People with that kind of attitude have no business being a professional pilot.

I don't know you at all, but just to say, everytime your company gets more flying, its generally at the expense of someone else losing it, hence someone being out of a job somewhere. Kinda remember that...

I don't know you at all, but just to say, everytime your company gets more flying, its generally at the expense of someone else losing it, hence someone being out of a job somewhere. Kinda remember that...
I can agree with that. I don't wish anybody out of a job, not even Mesa pilots. That being said, am I supposed to NOT be happy when / if SKW gets more flying so that my QOL drastically improves? It's out of the pilot group's hands, so why throw stones at each other?

I can agree with that. I don't wish anybody out of a job, not even Mesa pilots. That being said, am I supposed to NOT be happy when / if SKW gets more flying so that my QOL drastically improves? It's out of the pilot group's hands, so why throw stones at each other?

I am not throwing stones.....yet haha. You are supposed to be happy yes, but remembering that while you're happy, another pilot is sitting there wondering what they're going to do to pay off the bills or put food on the table etc possibly. Granted this is the most extreme scenario but with today's economy it's happening all too often. It's like as a regional pilot, your happiness is taking another major's job who makes a lot more than you or I. The problem is management wants to give it out to the cheapest everytime, and rightfully so. They are there to make the company money, while attempting to make you or I happy, yet their first and foremost idea is to make money to stay in business. So yes, in that respect, it's out of our hands

Last edited:
SKW pisss in your Cheerios?

W

No, I just don't have any respect for pilot groups that keep the bar low. Ask any Air Whisky pilot how they like east coast flying since their DEN and ORD base was overridden by Skywest and Mesa pay scales. Ask an unemployed Skyway pilot in MKE how much they like Skywest. Skywest and Mesa are synonymous, only Skywest doesn't have a union. The "majority" of their pilots prefer to ride on the coat-tails of an ASA pilot. They didn't piss in my Cheerios, just on the profession. I really hope they will prove me wrong, and lead the industry someday. I guess they may be able once everyone else is out of a job.

No, I just don't have any respect for pilot groups that keep the bar low. Ask any Air Whisky pilot how they like east coast flying since their DEN and ORD base was overridden by Skywest and Mesa pay scales. Ask an unemployed Skyway pilot in MKE how much they like Skywest. Skywest and Mesa are synonymous, only Skywest doesn't have a union. The "majority" of their pilots prefer to ride on the coat-tails of an ASA pilot. They didn't piss in my Cheerios, just on the profession. I really hope they will prove me wrong, and lead the industry someday. I guess they may be able once everyone else is out of a job.

Your profile name, signature, avatar, and attitude lead me to believe that you lost the ability to be objective a long time ago.

-Goose

If SkyWest got the 900 flying for USAirways out of PHX, then ASA had better get the 900 flying for Delta out of Atlanta. Watch the massive implosion if SkyWest grows, and ASA doesn't get a pat on the back for efforts as well. I promise you this, the profit sharing wouldn't be enough to stop the landslide.

Latest resources

Back