• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest Hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, I just don't have any respect for pilot groups that keep the bar low. Ask any Air Whisky pilot how they like east coast flying since their DEN and ORD base was overridden by Skywest and Mesa pay scales. Ask an unemployed Skyway pilot in MKE how much they like Skywest. Skywest and Mesa are synonymous, only Skywest doesn't have a union. The "majority" of their pilots prefer to ride on the coat-tails of an ASA pilot. They didn't piss in my Cheerios, just on the profession. I really hope they will prove me wrong, and lead the industry someday. I guess they may be able once everyone else is out of a job.
Are you high? SkyWest riding the coatails of ASA?. Your airline is far and beyond better now that BH has taken over. There is a whole list of improvments ASA has implemented in the past year that SkyWest has had for years.

taking applications

AS of 10/21 SkyWest was taking applications. Not sure if that's still the case or not. No word that I've heard on actual interviews.

Please people, the only thing to discuss is the HNL -700 domicile. Chips is building a condo complex on the north shore for us and I just got appointed to the FA selection committee. It's going to be sweet.... you'll see.

Scott

ps- the tahiti overnights are mine.. all mine... me, muffin, bambi and some lucky FO....

Good one Stearns! I though you might have forgot to log off!

No, I just don't have any respect for pilot groups that keep the bar low. Ask any Air Whisky pilot how they like east coast flying since their DEN and ORD base was overridden by Skywest and Mesa pay scales. Ask an unemployed Skyway pilot in MKE how much they like Skywest. Skywest and Mesa are synonymous, only Skywest doesn't have a union. The "majority" of their pilots prefer to ride on the coat-tails of an ASA pilot. They didn't piss in my Cheerios, just on the profession. I really hope they will prove me wrong, and lead the industry someday. I guess they may be able once everyone else is out of a job.

So by your litmus test you would also need to include....AirTran, Frontier, American, Southwest, JetBlue, Virigin America, United....etc..

At some point, flying was taken by every airline out there. People lost jobs and companies tanked because of any number of economic reasons...pay being one of them.

Calling SkyWest, Mesa, or any other pilot out there names for working where they work is pointless.

Maybe in a perfect airline world we would all work for one of 4 companies that did all the flying and pay was not an issue. As it is, it's dictated by CEO's and board members that answer to stock prices and bonus checks.

W

you have got to be kidding me

[SARCASM]Yes because we all know that each and every SkyWest pilot is directly responsible for SkyWay going under. I just now realized why I'm a dirtbag...[/SARCASM]

[SARCASM]Yes because we all know that each and every SkyWest pilot is directly responsible for SkyWay going under. I just now realized why I'm a dirtbag...[/SARCASM]
Whew, thought I was gonna have to remind you again! Now swing that gear when I tell you, and not a second before!
PBR

Some of you maybe pissed off that they tek yer job but you have to admit SKW management really knows how to run an airline without pissing off their workforce like most do. ALPA couldn't even jump aboard, must be some place. It's just amazing how so many companies choose the low side because business 101 calls for happy employees equals more profits.

Last edited:
Some of you maybe pissed off that they tek yer job but you have to admit SKW management really knows how to run an airline without pissing off their workforce like most do. ALPA couldn't even jump aboard, must be some place. It's just amazing how so many companies choose the low side because business 101 calls for happy employees equals more profits.

I worked at a nonALPA carrier, Chicago Express. Management treated everyone with respect and as if they were real human beings.
Some guys pushed for an ALPA drive, it failed misserably.
Management was awesome. We got raises on occasion, other than our yearly raise. Vp of Ops and Chief Pilots would fly if a line pilot needed time off and we were short pilots.
I still speak to some of the guys that flew there, and they all agree they would go back if they opened another airline.

Latest resources

Back