• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Had Made Hostile $3.50/Share Bid For ExpressJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Your scope stops SkyWest from flying for UAL if CAL buys them. Or maybe E120 out of LAX or IAH again. It's to restrictive. What if SkyWest decides to buy another CAL feeder in 5 years?? What then?? XJT can't have it all... XTJ is backed in a corner with not to many ways out...Good luck.

Your scope stops SkyWest from flying for UAL if CAL buys them. Or maybe E120 out of LAX or IAH again. It's to restrictive. What if SkyWest decides to buy another CAL feeder in 5 years?? What then?? XJT can't have it all... XTJ is backed in a corner with not to many ways out...Good luck.

Here is an idea! Skywest can't have it all without honoring current contracts and paying a descent wage. They wanna buy everything and then strip them bare while transfering assets to Skywest.

Well not with our scope in place.

Here is an idea! Skywest can't have it all without honoring current contracts and paying a descent wage. They wanna buy everything and then strip them bare while transfering assets to Skywest.

Well not with our scope in place.

We'll see you guys in bankruptcy court then.

Besides, where in this proposal did SkyWest ever ask for the ExpressJet pilots to take a concession? All they are asking for is the ability to line all three companies up to be cost-effective and competitive. The current language constricts SkyWest ability to make all three companies viable. Giving up a little scope to secure a better future? Sounds like one hell of an offer to me.

Works for me! I would rather go down in BK court thenvote on something that will cut my own throat and once again lower the bar.

Plus, Uncle Jerry has already shown a good faith offer by securing your Continental flying before even offering to acquire ExpressJet. Does that not count for anything?

Parts of the letters address negotiating the current contract to be able to meet the CPA offer they extended CAL. Well that sure doesn't imply a raise!!

XJT has already offered the best 50 seat rates in the industary to CAL and has been told NO everytime!! And everytime we are rejected we ask what they want and get a run around with no answers.

CAL wants a mgt change at XJT and don't care how they get it.

Parts of the letters address negotiating the current contract to be able to meet the CPA offer they extended CAL. Well that sure doesn't imply a raise!!

XJT has already offered the best 50 seat rates in the industary to CAL and has been told NO everytime!! And everytime we are rejected we ask what they want and get a run around with no answers.

CAL wants a mgt change at XJT and don't care how they get it.

So, you are the airline being acquired, and Uncle Jerry should just extend you all raises? Does this make business sense to anyone?

I never said we should get a raise I said he needs to honor the current CBA with the pilots and not look to gut it.

Sounds like you've already made up your mind.

Works for me! I would rather go down in BK court thenvote on something that will cut my own throat and once again lower the bar.

You sound like you've made up your mind already to leave your job/industry. You will probably get you wish.

Just don't try to paint it like your're doing it for everyone else in the industry. It's all about survival at this point to stay in the game. The game will be/is over for many.

Latest resources

Back