• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Had Made Hostile $3.50/Share Bid For ExpressJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wouldn't the results of the last 5 bazillion SKW-ALPA drives indicate that maybe, just maybe, they aren't all that interested in "some representation"?

Ofcourse you don't want representation cause when they whipsaw us Skywest will be the benificary.

Give me a break if Jerry and company are such great people they wouldn't have gone behind our back and had a deal in place with CAL. And they sure as he!! wouldn't be seeking for relief from our contract and scope clause.

Well this XJT pilot says it's all or none. You want us then you take us how we are! No concessions, no whipsaw and NO FURLOUGHS!

I WOULD RATHER NOT HAVE THIS JOB! Then accept a deal that lowers the bar once again or cuts the throats of my fellow pilots.

Well hypothetically I was just thinking way out in left field here. If there were to ever be one master seniority list, could an ALPA drive happen again to get SKYW unionized?

Look at USAir/AWA. Same basic premise different circumstances. ASA/XJT combined have just over 4500 pilots (a huge majority). All of which are ALPA represented. If the acquisition where to be approved, and at some point a master list where created, I would just like to know if an ALPA vote could come about again with everyone having the opportunity to deicide on one form of union representation.

One list with a singular form of representation. No more Skywest Airlines being the whipsaw against another good pilot group.

Last edited:
Ofcourse you don't want representation cause when they whipsaw us Skywest will be the benificary.
For the record...I don't care if our boys and girls choose representation or not. That's their decision...and theirs alone. I don't get a say...and I won't do my job any differently should they eventually choose to organize.

I was just pointing out that the phrase "finally get them some representation" sounds like a majority want it and are unable to attain it...when, in actuality, the majority of SkyWest pilots have made their views clear more than once. I know that drives you guys nuts, but it would seem that things over here are at least decent enough that many feel representation would just muddy the waters, so to speak.

Last edited:
Either way if your company wants us then they take us how we are!!! If not, then as a pilot group we at XJT need to stand together!

If that MAGOO Kelner wants to back us into a corner then we stand our ground and let the company go bankrupt and park the planes.

He can't replace over 30% of his route structure over night!!! Enough of this caving at fear time to kick back!!!

What is so hard for ExpressJet to understand here. This deal would be a win/win for each and every airline under the SkyWest, Inc umbrella. This deal would instantly fix the damaged reputation that ExpressJet has with Continental and puts them in the BEST position to prosper over the long haul. This is a win for SkyWest who would love to have some Embrear aircraft flying specific routes, and keeping the maintenance costs down by having a full Embrear pilot/maintenance team flying them. ASA would feel more secure in knowing that they can grow in the 70/90 seat Delta/Northwest east coast operation while SkyWest can concentrate on Delta west coast and United flying. The three companies together would form the largest, most secure regional team in the world. And who here is not looking for job security at a time like this?

I would much rather go work at Home Depot then vote for concessions and continue to run this career into the dirt!!!

What is so hard for ExpressJet to understand here. This deal would be a win/win for each and every airline under the SkyWest, Inc umbrella. This deal would instantly fix the damaged reputation that ExpressJet has with Continental and puts them in the BEST position to prosper over the long haul. This is a win for SkyWest who would love to have some Embrear aircraft flying specific routes, and keeping the maintenance costs down by having a full Embrear pilot/maintenance team flying them. ASA would feel more secure in knowing that they can grow in the 70/90 seat Delta/Northwest east coast operation while SkyWest can concentrate on Delta west coast and United flying. The three companies together would form the largest, most secure regional team in the world. And who here is not looking for job security at a time like this?

If it were a win win situation for us then Jerry would not be asking for scope relief and concessions.

I would much rather go work at Home Depot then vote for concessions and continue to run this career into the dirt!!!

That's exactly what they'll hold over your head too. It's been done here at ASA and we lost planes that were on their way to our company and they started to transfer our 70's before realizing how stupid that was. They'll play the "Skywest Airlines is less expensive than you" game.

Have fun if this deal goes through. The first couple years of it could suck before it gets any better.

Latest resources

Back