• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Had Made Hostile $3.50/Share Bid For ExpressJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So, you are the airline being acquired, and Uncle Jerry should just extend you all raises? Does this make business sense to anyone?

how dare you come on here and try to speak sensibly! I've warned you about this, dammit!!

Besides, where in this proposal did SkyWest ever ask for the ExpressJet pilots to take a concession? All they are asking for is the ability to line all three companies up to be cost-effective and competitive. The current language constricts SkyWest ability to make all three companies viable. Giving up a little scope to secure a better future? Sounds like one hell of an offer to me.

XPOO you speak the truth. But, no I think he would rather slit his throat.

You sound like you've made up your mind already to leave your job/industry. You will probably get you wish.

Just don't try to paint it like your're doing it for everyone else in the industry. It's all about survival at this point to stay in the game. The game will be/is over for many.

That is were you are wrong I have made up my mind to stand behind my current job and CBA. I am not going to give it up out of my own free will. If it is taken from me in bk court then so be it.

What is so wrong with wanting to keep the part of my CBA that protects me from having my airplanes whipsawed against me. Oh yes I know they can't get transfered to Skywest like what happened to ASA.

If my MEC is able to strike a deal that protects are pilot group then I may support it.

how dare you come on here and try to speak sensibly! I've warned you about this, dammit!!

I'm just a piddly dispatcher, what could I possibly know? But after watching the whole ASA deal go down, and what ASA is finally becoming, ExpressJet would have to feel good knowing that they can live as a seperate entity and thrive with a great management team and strong financial backing. Giving up a little to gain a lot, sounds fair to me.

If giving up a little can be achieved without putting my co-workers on the street then lets see. But as of right now the parts of the scope he wants to go away are the parts that protect us the most from that happening.

If giving up a little can be achieved without putting my co-workers on the street then lets see. But as of right now the parts of the scope he wants to go away are the parts that protect us the most from that happening.

Actually those parts could potentially put a lot of SkyWest and ASA guys on the streets. But I guess the company being acquired should always be the one to come out on top. And who cares if it screws over the guys that made the money to buy your company in the first place? As long as your collective butts are safe right?

How is SkyWest going to transfer your ERJs? You think Uncle Jerry is going to spend money to train the OO/EV pilots/fa/maint just to take your airframes? No. But I can guarantee that bases will move, the branded flying will be gone, and routes will change. And all three companies will benefit from such a change. I can agree to that.

Actually those parts could potentially put a lot of SkyWest and ASA guys on the streets. But I guess the company being acquired should always be the one to come out on top. And who cares if it screws over the guys that made the money to buy your company in the first place? As long as your collective butts are safe right?

It wouldn't put any ASA guys on the street. We have a no furlough clause, plus scope protection. Oh, and our scope protection protects against a whipsaw from any SkyWest, Inc. entity too.

It's not as good as ExpressJet's letter, but it's light years better than what SkyWest has (nothing).

Jerry wants the holding company letter gone because he knows that SkyWest Airlines would be the entity that would suffer by keeping it in place, not anybody else. He's just looking out for the home team.

If this deal goes down (and I bet it will), SkyWest pilots will be wishing they had a seat at the table where the decisions are made, rather than just being observers.

No those parts protect all groups from being used against eachother.

Everyone comes on here and complains about the whipsaw and now that we may be aquired you guys ironically want us to give up the part of our contract that prevents that from happening.

How is SkyWest going to transfer your ERJs? You think Uncle Jerry is going to spend money to train the OO/EV pilots/fa/maint just to take your airframes? No. But I can guarantee that bases will move, the branded flying will be gone, and routes will change. And all three companies will benefit from such a change. I can agree to that.

If branded goes away that puts about 650 of r pilots on the street, 325 fa's and good knows how many ground personel how is that a good thing?

Latest resources

Back