• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Had Made Hostile $3.50/Share Bid For ExpressJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No those parts protect all groups from being used against eachother.

Everyone comes on here and complains about the whipsaw and now that we may be aquired you guys ironically want us to give up the part of our contract that prevents that from happening.

Like the whipsaw where the ASA took a paycut, then the SkyWest guys took a paycut? Didn't happen. Did some birds move around? Sure. Did anyone get let go because of it? No. You can hate anything associated with management all you want, but you can't ignore history. SkyWest has a history of doing right by the pilots and all the employees. I think the ASA guys will agree that they came out of the deal smelling like roses.

If branded goes away that puts about 650 of r pilots on the street, 325 fa's and good knows how many ground personel how is that a good thing?

No, if the branded goes away, Uncle Jerry can use you guys to pick up the Mesa slack at both United and Delta. No more losing money flying the branded routes, and secure making money with long-term contracts with three major airlines. What's the downside?

No those parts protect all groups from being used against eachother.

Everyone comes on here and complains about the whipsaw and now that we may be aquired you guys ironically want us to give up the part of our contract that prevents that from happening.

Bingo. The SkyWest pilots want the letter gone because they know it means 200+ new airplanes for them. Think of how quickly upgrades will go now!

Keep in mind, after SkyWest bought ASA, we lost by my count 36 current or growth airplanes that were on the property, firm orders or options for ASA. Upgrades at ASA pushed 5-6 years while SkyWest pilots were upgrading in ASA aircraft in 18 months. Nobody over there cared either because "we bought you guys" and "I got mine!"

Nothing SkyWest, Inc. does will be in your best interest during this transaction. It will keep the company alive, sure, but your future prospects will be slim unless you keep that letter intact.

SkyWest has a history of doing right by the pilots and all the employees. I think the ASA guys will agree that they came out of the deal smelling like roses.

That's quite arrogant of you. Of course, I expected nothing less.

How exactly did we come out smelling like roses?

Oh, that's right, you "saved" us. My mistake.

That's quite arrogant of you. Of course, I expected nothing less.

How exactly did we come out smelling like roses?

Oh, that's right, you "saved" us. My mistake.

No, you guys got the contract you wanted and fought five years for. And now that BH is in there, he is already fixing the performance side of ASA. Once ASA fixes the little things, I suspect that they will start to grow again. JA wasn't going to keep awarding the worst performing airline more aircraft. Fix the performance and the growth will come. Makes total business sense to me.

No, if the branded goes away, Uncle Jerry can use you guys to pick up the Mesa slack at both United and Delta. No more losing money flying the branded routes, and secure making money with long-term contracts with three major airlines. What's the downside?

Thats fine then if thats his plan then we an leave the CBA alone and those pilots will be transfered with those planes to pick up the slack.

Oh here is the kicker and your not gonna believe this but he needs to account for our moving expenses when bidding to replace Mesa. Or should wee give that part of our contract back to?

I don't know, maybe you should hear Jerry out before jumping to conclusions. I'm pretty sure he honors ASAs contract to the letter. We are not talking about JO here. There's a reason JA is at the top of him game, and JO is on the bottom.

Jerry wants the holding company letter gone because he knows that SkyWest Airlines would be the entity that would suffer by keeping it in place, not anybody else. He's just looking out for the home team.
Of course he will...he has had a "good faith" relationship with SkyWest flight crews for 35 years. He could just go ahead without covering SkyWest Airlines because they would still make money one way or another.

Management looking out for pilots? That's unpossible!

I don't know, maybe you should hear Jerry out before jumping to conclusions. I'm pretty sure he honors ASAs contract to the letter. We are not talking about JO here. There's a reason JA is at the top of him game, and JO is on the bottom.

Well the only thing Jerry has done so far is enter a backdoor CPA with Cal and then demand that ALPA give up the parts of the contract that protect us from losing our airplanes.

Not a great first impression!!!

Latest resources

Back