SkyWest Had Made Hostile $3.50/Share Bid For ExpressJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Skywest... Xjt...

Just cracked a beer.......SkyWest's non ALPA group will slowly take over all our flying and kill xjt. Great!:bomb:

Everyone is hoping for the best for all involved in this deal, but you have to realize one thing, XJT as it stands today is bleeding... Wall Street, the holders of the stock and the parents of the company are all very concerned about the viability of XJT as it stands today... Skywest is a much stronger company and is well positioned to protect your career for the future... XJT WILL lose more flying from CAL this year and will lose all other CPA by 2012... The letters are written -- I know it is not a good feeling, but trust in that SKYWEST MAY BE the savior here... Without SKYWEST you guys are in big trouble... Again, I wish you guys all the luck in the world and my thoughts and sincere best wishes are with you, but have faith in SKYWEST... They are a very strong company of high moral fiber... Hard to find in this industry...

Last edited:
Since you guys will be in negotiations next, why don't you negotiate that single list for us?

If there are any negotiations on this....what about XJT giving Skywest the flexibility to operate each certificate separately with a SINGLE SYSTEM seniority list...just like at Republic (Republic/Shuttle/CHQ)....

This may be doable and would restore some much needed faith in ALPA at this point....Let's get some "brand scope" and show the mainline folks how it is done......

Give Jerry some flexiblity to do what he does best and get a single list to give us some protection....

I always have the choice not to accept concessions or inferior work rules. I walked away from one crappy concession contract forced down my throat, I won't hesitate to do it again. :angryfire

Everyone bitches about the race to the bottom but no one wants to do anything about it. Sometimes it's painful to stop the slide.:uzi:

NO pilot group is going to fall on its own sword to raise/maintain 'the bar' for someone else. Anyone that asks otherwise is naive.

If there are any negotiations on this....what about XJT giving Skywest the flexibility to operate each certificate separately with a SINGLE SYSTEM seniority list...just like at Republic (Republic/Shuttle/CHQ)....

This may be doable and would restore some much needed faith in ALPA at this point....Let's get some "brand scope" and show the mainline folks how it is done......

Give Jerry some flexiblity to do what he does best and get a single list to give us some protection....

I like this idea Joe, but with one master seniority list, would the pilots be able to transfer between the different airlines? Like lets say an XJT guy couldn't upgrade there but could hold it at ASA, could he simply bid it at ASA and come on over?

I'm not sure how that works with CHQ/RP/S5.

Also with one master seniority list, how about a new ALPA drive? With large voting majority already being ALPA, we should be able to finally get some representation for the SKYW people.

Everyone is hoping for the best for all involved in this deal, but you have to realize one thing, XJT as it stands today is bleeding... Wall Street, the holders of the stock and the parents of the company are all very concerned about the viability of XJT as it stands today... Skywest is a much stronger company and is well positioned to protect your career for the future... XJT WILL lose more flying from CAL this year and will lose all other CPA by 2012... The letters are written -- I know it is not a good feeling, but trust in that SKYWEST MAY BE the savior here... Without SKYWEST you guys are in big trouble... Again, I wish you guys all the luck in the world and my thoughts and sincere best wishes are with you, but have faith in SKYWEST... They are a very strong company of high moral fiber... Hard to find in this industry...

You deffinetly sound like a FOX-nexs kinda gal !
Only time will tell... we'll see if you're correct!

With large voting majority already being ALPA, we should be able to finally get some representation for the SKYW people.
Wouldn't the results of the last 5 bazillion SKW-ALPA drives indicate that maybe, just maybe, they aren't all that interested in "some representation"?

How about this... UAL and CAL merge and become CAL. Just like NWA/DAL are becoming Delta.. If SkyWest buy Expressjet then "because of your contract" you would have to fly all the old United flying that just became CAL flying overnight with a merger!! SkyWest Inc. Is just doing what they do best..

Yes they are. Securing their future regional flying with as many partners as they can and then slowly replacing the 50s with the larger a/c. But first, they must rid themselves of the E120, which they are beginning to do so this year. So lets see here. United, Delta, Midwest, Continental ?, then there is the possible DL/NW and UA/CO mergers. Okay, so who's left over. Hmmm, we all know about Mesa, enough said there. Then there is American, who once took a collection of regionals and melded them together to form the expensive American Eagle. Now AA wants to divest them. Stating, divestiture may involve a spinoff to AMR shareholders, a sale to other parties or some other form of separation from AMR. Okay, then we have Republicetera etc and so on down the line.

With all that said, I guess SkyWest, Inc. will definitely secure their flying for awhile. Man, that SGU water sure tastes great.
So Drink Up!
Oh, YEAAAH!

Time will tell, but I'd rather work at home depot than take a pay cut. I make too little as it for what we do...

'Hi Larry, Jim here... Just wanted to let you know that unless you sign a 10 year cpa with us on our terms we'll be closing shop end of the day. We're simply out of money.... It's either that or bankruptcy for you. Thanks have a nice day.:)

Love,
Jim Ream
ExpressJet CEO'

Latest resources

Back