Skywest Group Interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
phc-

I have to second what joe pilot said... The growth will be in slc. This what was said at my interview this past week. However, holding a line right out of training in ord is very likely, from what we were told. All the new planes are going to slc.

sweptback said:
You mean most of ASA's slightly used 700s are going to SLC.

No ALPA says it isn't really happening and that it is a bluff..... trust ALPA.... those 70s aren't really going to SKYW.....

JoeMerchant said:
No ALPA says it isn't really happening and that it is a bluff..... trust ALPA.... those 70s aren't really going to SKYW.....

Under your plan we give back our 70 seat pay to be competitive and if they still transfer the aircraft your plan then would be to ..............? We are waiting for the Joey plan to be announced Joey! Even ASA management has said there is no guarantee of keeping the flying even if we cave. If the heat is getting to high for you Joe maybe you should get out of the kitchen. I know you are feeling very insecure now during these uncertain times. Call a Comair Flight Attendant for some comforting words of strength and solidarity. Maye a day of shopping at the mall with the girls will calm your nerves.:laugh:

I love how EVERY SINGLE thread on this site is hijacked and ends up talking about 50 seat rates.

Wassup with the date online? Last I checked, the next group interview in Memphis, is on the 25th, and now it says the 15th. It also says that the 15th is a Tuesday, which it's not, but the 25th is. So i'm hoping that they just made a mistake and i'm not an idiot. Anyone else notice this?

Hoodabundy said:
to answer the first question,,,

I went to the LAX open house and just got hired yesterday.
Really,
Whats your employee number? Hire date? Equipment?. Thought so, you were given a conditional offer of employment, you are not an employee.

Last edited:
jacksjj said:
Being that the Skywest mins are 1000TT and I literally have 1002 hours, but 350 multi, Im sure I will have to go out to SLC and do the sim. Anyone have any hints on how to prepare for the group thing as far as studying??? I know I know... dont show up and be a jerk and you'll get an interview in SLC, but it cant be that easy.... that have to ask me SOMETHING!
It really is that easy, show up, don't be an a$$wipe, and try not to breathe through mouth and the job is yours. You don't need skills or even know how to fly that well, I fly with them all the time and it's painful. Gimme a freight dog or a CFI that flew even a little charter and that makes a world of difference. You guys who come directly from the right seat of a 152 and think you are C.Yeager....whatever, just remember breathing, with a pulse are now the new requirements for hiring.
PBR
P.S. I am just an average joe line pilot, not an IOE checkairdude.

PBRstreetgang said:
Really,
Whats your employee number? Hire date? Equipment?. Thought so, you were given a conditional offer of employment, you are not an employee.

I never said I was an employee, I said I got hired.

Latest resources

Back