Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PBRstreetgang said:
Really,
Whats your employee number? Hire date? Equipment?. Thought so, you were given a conditional offer of employment, you are not an employee.

If theres a difference let me know, I will run all of this by you next time....

PBRstreetgang said:
It really is that easy, show up, don't be an a$$wipe, and try not to breathe through mouth and the job is yours. You don't need skills or even know how to fly that well, I fly with them all the time and it's painful. Gimme a freight dog or a CFI that flew even a little charter and that makes a world of difference. You guys who come directly from the right seat of a 152 and think you are C.Yeager....whatever, just remember breathing, with a pulse are now the new requirements for hiring.
PBR
P.S. I am just an average joe line pilot, not an IOE checkairdude.

Newsflash from the MEM group interview....several with time and a pulse were told thanks but no thanks and not invited to SLC.

W

What time did they get have and turned away with? Just GA or piston time? There were 30 people there, and they were called for the hr meeting (or so it seemed) in order of experience according to the resumes that were collected. When they gave the presentation, they talked about the mins, the competitive mins, and then stresssssed very heavily, that if you have 121 and/or turbine time they'd "like to speak with you." Seems like thats who they are targeting. Tourtured souls that are either getting furloughed, or want out of their regional.

It will roll said:
What time did they get have and turned away with? Just GA or piston time? There were 30 people there, and they were called for the hr meeting (or so it seemed) in order of experience according to the resumes that were collected. When they gave the presentation, they talked about the mins, the competitive mins, and then stresssssed very heavily, that if you have 121 and/or turbine time they'd "like to speak with you." Seems like thats who they are targeting. Tourtured souls that are either getting furloughed, or want out of their regional.

I spoke to at least 4 that met minimums and were not invited.

W

Soooooo, why do you think they weren't invited? poor resume, not dressed right, acted in some wrong way???

A little off topic but I didn't think this was worth starting a new thread for. I noticed on the latest gouge that former 121 folks were not required to do the sim eval at skywest. I had to do it when I interviewed and was a former CRJ pilot. Is this a permanent change or just something that happened on the day? Certainly makes the interview easier/quicker for guys with 121 time.

Weasil said:
A little off topic but I didn't think this was worth starting a new thread for. I noticed on the latest gouge that former 121 folks were not required to do the sim eval at skywest. I had to do it when I interviewed and was a former CRJ pilot. Is this a permanent change or just something that happened on the day? Certainly makes the interview easier/quicker for guys with 121 time.

The pilots doing the group interview..can't remember if it was the OPS director Bob or one of the line pilots there helping with recruiting...said if you are in glass you had better go get some round dial practice for the sime eval. So I would take that as they will be getting the sim just like everyone else. There were several 121 guys at the MEM group. Good luck to everyone that was invited back to SLC.

W

I had to do the sim eval and I'm coming off a CRJ. It was quite tough without having practiced prior but I just wasn't able to get the time between work and the interview date. Still, I got the job. I was just saying that on a recent gouge added to www.aviationinterviews.com the poster said that all 121 guys at his interview date did NOT have to do the sim eval.

Interesting.

PBRstreetgang said:
Gimme a freight dog or a CFI that flew even a little charter and that makes a world of difference. You guys who come directly from the right seat of a 152 and think you are C.Yeager....whatever, just remember breathing, with a pulse are now the new requirements for hiring.
PBR

I'd take CY out of the right seat of a 152 before one of these 200 hour wonder primadonnas from Flight Safety or Embry Riddle. At least that person has a CFI cert and has watched somebody else screw up. It's sad when CA will tell you that 80% of the FO's they fly with who've been there for a year, still don't have 1000 hours.

Latest resources

Back