Skywest Group Interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
jacksjj said:
I am considering attending the Skywest Group interview next week in Memphis. Does anyone have any experience/knowledge about these events??? Can one expect to leave the group interview with a class date?

Thanks for all the help in advance.

JJ

I heard they like to do the group thing out there in "Mo" town.

jacksjj said:
I kinda decided to go the group interview at the very last moment, so now I am worried sick about studying like crazy until then. Any advice??? I know the group interview is mostly a personality evaluation... but you can never be too prepared, ya know??

By the way . . . Chuck Norris' Tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried. Ever. :laugh:

Chuck Norris doesn't sleep he waits
Chuck Norris doesn't use spell check. If he mis-spells a word he simply changes the spelling of it.

Being that the Skywest mins are 1000TT and I literally have 1002 hours, but 350 multi, Im sure I will have to go out to SLC and do the sim. Anyone have any hints on how to prepare for the group thing as far as studying??? I know I know... dont show up and be a jerk and you'll get an interview in SLC, but it cant be that easy.... that have to ask me SOMETHING!

Attended last SLC interview. Pretty much as previously described. Just a few hr questions and then they ask you back for the real interview. No testing, sim, etc. Just make sure you're honest about everything and your log book is up-to-date (somebody got sent home in the first 15 min b/c his logbook was way behind). My return interview was about 2 weeks later (at my choosing to coincide with the next rj class). Here is where you do all the written tests, sim ride, etc. You really have to work at it not to get the return interview. Good luck!

joe pilot-
can I ask when you interviewed and what base you requested? Starting class next week and trying to decide choice of domiciles. Thanks!

A buddy of mine has an interview on I believe the 27th or 28th in SLC. He submitted his application via H.R. and got a call for the interview in about 3 days. His times are 1000TT and 100 Multi. Another guy I know went to the group interview in Denver I think and didn't get asked for the follow up. 1500TT and 300 Multi.

Crap, don't mean this to be a dumb question, do you need to bring your logbooks to the open house or just to the SLC interview?? Mine are going to be very hard to get ahold of before the group interview. Opps. -Thanks.

no you don't. it tells you on the website what u need to bring (resume, pilot certificates, drivers license, passport) but double check in case it has changed or something. you only need them for the actual interview.

phc said:
joe pilot-
can I ask when you interviewed and what base you requested? Starting class next week and trying to decide choice of domiciles. Thanks!
Sure phc

I interviewed around 2 years ago and chose SLC. At the time, the predictions were that ORD and SLC would have the shortest, if any, time on reserve. I finished IOE with about 15 days left in the month. They built a couple of trips for me, then I had a line at the beginning of the next month.

SLC is cheaper than ORD, so it was an easy choice for me. For you, there are alot of factors. Married? Kids? Already own a house somewhere else? Where are you going to live? For the best quality of life you should probably try to balance getting off of reserve as fast as possible with living in your domicile. This was one and the same for me.

Staffing needs change ALL the time, even from one class to the next. Talk to the ground school people, talk to the current employees who are upgrading/transitioning in your systems class, etc. Don't sweat it for right now, though.

Unfortunately, it does look like there will be growth in SLC. I say unfortunately because it is at the expense of ASA pilots. I am not happy about that, nor are a lot of us here. It is a fact, nonetheless.

Welcome aboard and good luck.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back