• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest Group Interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What category is Hurricane Ditka? An 11 or 12?

Oh Yeah. Good luck at the interview. Typical advice: Smile alot, be yourself, make sure your shoes are shined. I got hired at a group interview 2 years ago.

Again, good luck.

Marsupial said:
at the slc open house they started off showing a couple 'rah-rah' videos about the company to get everyone pumped up about working there. then they gave a brief presentation, asked if anybody had questions and then answered them and collected resumes. then everyone sat around while they took ten people at a time to another room where u sat some more until you were called individually into yet another room. at this point u were given a brief bout of hr questions (any faa actions against u? ever been fired from a job? convicted of a felony..things of that nature. and why do you want to work here). then shown to another room where you choose the date you would like to do the official interview. that was about it.

I second this for the LAX group interview. It is mostly a personality interview.
The SLC interview is everything. Be prepared for this.

I kinda decided to go the group interview at the very last moment, so now I am worried sick about studying like crazy until then. Any advice??? I know the group interview is mostly a personality evaluation... but you can never be too prepared, ya know??

By the way . . . Chuck Norris' Tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried. Ever. :laugh:

Question: other than an earlier class date and therefore a better number, any advantage to taking a visit to Salt Lake sooner than later? any chance the current requirements might be filled before August?

L.Skywalker said:
Question: other than an earlier class date and therefore a better number, any advantage to taking a visit to Salt Lake sooner than later? any chance the current requirements might be filled before August?

Skywest plans to hire 70 (that's right, 70) pilots a month for the rest of the year. Barring any unforseen circumstances, I don't expect the hiring to dry up in August. That said, seniority can mean the difference between the domicile you really want and FAT, and can also mean the difference between sitting reserve and holding a line. The good news is that, with 70 a month in the pipeline, those who get onboard now will move up swiftly. Good luck.

L.Skywalker said:
No sim ride??
Yes, I had a sim ride. But I did the group interview at SLC. 12 hours from the time it started until they told me I had the job. I was literaly the last person to finish everything.

If you want to guarantee NOT getting the job, whine and complain about the process taking too long. A lot of guys (and girls) did. Those that had to leave because of flights to catch or prior commitiments and explained so the the interviewers in a professional manner were allowed to come back and finish later.

Of course the ones who did come back and got hired are now junior to me by anywhere from 3 weeks to 2 months. :)

Did I mention I never sat reserve and got my base of first choice. Most of those guys did. Seniority IS everything.

Good luck. Look sharp and don't whine, no matter what. It's like a first date guys.

-JP

Latest resources

Back