• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest bid for USAirways 900 flying?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
should the Yankees let the Sox win a few games, just to keep them on the same level? do they 'owe' that to them for the 'sake of the industry?' of course not, it's a stupid idea because they are COMPETING with each other, and to the winner goes the spoils. they play to WIN.

SkyWest is COMPETING with other regionals for future flying. we play to WIN, and winning is obtained by MAKING MORE $, gaining flying, and providing the best possible future so we don't LOSE our winnings.

if we make more than our competitors, continue to gain flying, and further solidify our position, aren't we winning? of course we are.

are you suggesting the we somehow 'owe' it to our competitors to just let them 'win a few?'

(no flame intended, but expecting the usual flames in return)

PS-GO SOX!!

Sky,

Hate to break it to you but your so called "winnings" have the potential to destroy other peoples lives.

What gain is there in this I ask you?

SkyNation said:
should the Yankees let the Sox win a few games, just to keep them on the same level? do they 'owe' that to them for the 'sake of the industry?' of course not, it's a stupid idea because they are COMPETING with each other, and to the winner goes the spoils. they play to WIN.

SkyWest is COMPETING with other regionals for future flying. we play to WIN, and winning is obtained by MAKING MORE $, gaining flying, and providing the best possible future so we don't LOSE our winnings.

if we make more than our competitors, continue to gain flying, and further solidify our position, aren't we winning? of course we are.

are you suggesting the we somehow 'owe' it to our competitors to just let them 'win a few?'

PS-GO SOX!!

I'm going to guess by your name that your a Skywest pilot as well. Good for you, why dont you keep your ideas of competition to yourself. Your slamming a pilot group that is in a bad way right now. Your a real ********************ing hero to come on here and brag about how good it is over there.

Thats at least the second dumbass post from a Skywest guy on this thread so far. Is your whole airline made up of douchbags like you?

SkyNation said:

PS-GO SOX!!

yeah, you'll probably get plenty of flames because you're a freaking MORON.
you lose also in the long run dumb a$$ . i would rather see 900's go to mainline and be flown at fair rates than be flown at psa for crap even though it might benefit me a good amount in the SHORT RUN. i want to see the majors thrive again so i actually have something to work for instead of building some walmart nation regional airline that takes over the world and makes just a few people at the top a big pile of money. the future damnit!
p.s. the red sox and yankess are pickle smokers. go mets!!

SkyNation said:
should the Yankees let the Sox win a few games, just to keep them on the same level?
Wow. Really nice analogy. Not. Nobody is concerned that SkyWest is "winning" too much. I would seriously hope that you can see that, or I would question your cognitive abilities. What concerns people, and should probably concern you, too, is that SkyWest may be growing, in some cases, specifically because of relatively low labor costs (50-seat wages up to 99 seats). This sets a dangerous precedence for all airlines (including SkyWest.) More importantly, the more mainline-style airplanes at places like SkyWest or PSA, the fewer there will be for those who want to move on to a major in the future. If, based on your previous anti-union posts, you are one of the many "career regional" wannabes, this still effects you. More major jobs = more movement for you = better schedule/domicile/whatever it is you want.

I've said before and repeat, I would hope that things work out for everyone, they live where they want, make a respectable amount of $, and their jobs are intact for as long as they would like them to be. I guess in some sort of fantasy world, that could be the case. the harsh reality is that we ARE each others competition, and those who can't compete will perish. it's business, plain and simple.

I understand precedence as a factor. I want to make more to fly the variants of the RJ, like anyone would. I also place a lot of value on maintaining our current flying, attracting new flying, and continuing to make at or above what I hear others that are comparably employed at other regionals make.

I post stuff that I believe to be the case, knowing it will incite the types of responses above. At the end of the day, however, it comes down to who delivers the best overall package, and for me, it is SkyWest. I'd probably feel different if I was from the East coast, despised the regionals, etc. To each his own.

Bluto, if we voted in ALPA, got paid more but started to continually lose flying, downsize our current fleet, and wither, are you suggesting that we would be better off? Of course no one knows if that would happen, but what does history show us? For me, it shows that SkyWest does things a little different, and as a result I make more, feel more secure about my future here . My family, lifestyle, QOL etc. will always trump antiquated notions of somehow 'owing it' to my fellow competitors.

anyway, back to the bitchfest. I need to go cash my Bonus checks anyway.

I was at Air Wisconsin, now I'm at SkyWest. I can promise you that a bunch of formerly DEN based guys/gals now commuting to ORF, DCA and PHL wish now that AWAC could have competed more effectively to retain their UEX flying.

the devil is in the details. our rates may be a buck or two below some, but when you look at the whole package, I think we make more. I'm only a 2nd year FO and I'll make in the mid 50K range. 4 and 5 year captains I fly with all seem to say they make in the 80's or even 90's.

Latest resources

Back