• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest back to Coex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wonder how many of the people in that meeting have been furloughed for nearly two years? Have you ever considered that, as CommutAir pilots, the furloughed XJT pilots honestly felt that CommutAir would be better off without ALPA? It's funny, I thought the ALPA vote was a secret ballot. Yet here you are publically denouncing those pilots for their views.

"In fact, at the last LEC meeting, the XJET pilots present at the meeting, voted to have the pilots (from Commute Air wanting to return to ALPA) stand in front of the membership, and plead their case on why we should let them back in."

What a mature, professional-sounding group. Why am I not surprised that so many furloughed pilots will choose not to return to such a class-act?

p.s. The pilots who will return from CommutAir to XJT don't have to "return to ALPA" they along with all the other furloughed pilots have been ALPA members all along.

Last edited:
Guys do not bash any furloughted pilots because they could be the very pilots that make or break a strike on our property. I would not want to create an us against them attitude.

I have heard some distrubing rumors from the Skywest camp. Some of the pilots there feel that ExpressJet got there jobs there and not CALALPA. That is a notion that could be very dangerous for our future. ExpressJet has not given this pilot group a thing, that was not fought for by CALALPA. We must stick together as a group or we will fail in our attempt to get an outstanding contract.

Bluto

Actually they are apprentice members and can still be denied membership to ALPA. I do not think that interviewing the returning pilots will accomplish a thing, other then divide this group.

There were ExpressJet pilots campaigning against ALPA at CommuteAir. This is a violation of the ALPA by-laws and Code of Ethics. It is also a sign that if you can not trust some one to support you. Do you think they will walk the picket line or walk across. Everything you do in life has a consequence. Maybe our furloughred pilots did not realize that. But when the time comes they better be walking beside me!!!!

I would find it supremely ironic if a union who grants amnesty to vast hordes of proven SCABS would bar furloughed pilots who have never crossed a picket line (our former furloughed pilot rep included). Considering the excellent treatment furloughed XJT pilots have received at the hands of CALALPA, I would be very surprised if anything like this happened. I don't really have a dog in the CommutAir fight to begin with. However, I am deeply concerned when a group of pilots who have never been on furlough, or strike for that matter, rush to judge a group based on the actions of a few individuals. There are fewer than 50 XJT pilots flying at CommutAir. How many of them voted for ALPA? I don't know the numbers, but these idle threats of 'not-so-warm-welcomes' do nothing to promote unity in a pilot group in desperate need of it.

I'm not going to argue semantics with you. Sadly, this attitude of vengeance is a recurring theme with some members of the XJT pilot group. "Those flowbacks better not expect a warm reception." or "Those CommutAir pilots in CLE..." or "Those Skywest pilots in IAH..." Now it's your own furloughed pilots in danger of your unfriendly reception. Of course, I'm sure you treat everyone who picked up open time in the past two years with the same disdain, right? Just remember not to lump all furloughed pilots in with your view of the few bad apples at CommutAir. Many of us didn't use one penny of your medical assesment. And 90% of the furloughed pilots didn't even go to CommutAir, much less 'campaign against ALPA'.

Last edited:
Flea said:
In fact, at the last LEC meeting, the XJET pilots present at the meeting, voted to have the pilots (from Commute Air wanting to return to ALPA) stand in front of the membership, and plead their case on why we should let them back in. I don't know if that will still happen. It is up to the Chairman.

Which LEC meeting are you referring to? In fact, it is NOT up to the chairman. If a resolution "was" passed at the LEC level, it is up to the MEC to make a decision on that resolution at the next MEC meeting. Please enlighten us as to which LEC meeting this "vote" took place at. I call BS on that statement.

GJ

For a group of professional airline pilots you xjet guys sure do cry like a bunch of beotches. You guys whine so loud I swear I can hear you over the jet engine when you taxi past. I guess that's what happens when you hire kids to be airline pilots.

As for the XJT furloughees at Commutair that campaigned against ALPA, you slapped us directly in the face, stabbed us in the back, and spit on us. The pilots of XJT gave of their own personal money through a monthly assessment to cover your health insurance, and our dues paid for the negotiations that secured you flying jobs while you were on the street. Don't be suprised if you're not warmly received when you wish to return to the pilot group you turned your back on.
I don't know of any furloghees at CommutAir who campaigned against ALPA. However, I do recall one time jumpseating on express and discussing the issues with the crew who told me that they didn't think we needed ALPA either. Better take a look in your own camp instead of blaming the furloughees for all you problems.

I'm still waiting for someone from express to tell us how ALPA could have helped CommutAir.

Bluto, were you able to get the Skywest slot? Wish you could have come to CommutAir. I think you would have enjoyed it.

But when they come into our hubs and then vote down our union, what kind of treatment do they expect?

They are not your hubs. I believe they belong to CAL. Aren't you guys going into mainline hubs and taking their flying. I guess your just treating us the way CAL treated you when you took away their flying. The main thing is this is a business. You guys do it cheaper than mainline so guess who gets the flying. Our 1900 costs less to operate and is better suited for some markets which makes more sense than flying an RJ at a loss.

Until they voted down ALPA, we had a very good relationship with the Commutair pilots. We would even take them bottles of water or meals from our planes.

Thank you your royal majesty for the precious water and meals. The only reason you brought us water and meals was because you wanted us to become ALPA. Never once did you consider that ALPA might not be the right choice for CommutAir. Just because express is ALPA doesn't mean that CommutAir needs to be. I'm still waiting for someone to post some valid reasons why we should have voted in ALPA. The only reason XJET wants CommutAir to be ALPA is for their own selfish reasons and it will never happen when you try to use bullying and coercion to get it.

Was just talking with a Skywest pilot in IAH today. Nice guy. No animosity there. He's doing the flying his company hired him to do.

CommutAir pilots are also doing the flying our company hired us to do. We didn't all get together one day and say "hey lets go get as much of COEX's flying that we can". CAL came to CommutAir mangement and asked them to feed CLE and IAH. Our managment said we can do CLE but IAH is to much to take on right now. how does this differ from SkyWest taking the IAH flying. They don't have ALPA we don't have ALPA. So what's the difference?

Screw it...

Flame away, but NO Commutair person is getting my jumpseat unless you present a valid ALPA card. Period. If you have an ALPA card, then this post does not apply to you.

Sorry for you Express commuters this might affect. Thats the way it's going to be on my plane.

You Commutair guys and gals are just one small step above SCABS in my book. Actually, there are a few dictionary's out there that would say you ARE scabs. By taking our flying, you are doing Union work, for non Union wages and benefits. Thanks for doing your part to ensure the race to the bottom continues.

Yup... I'm an express crybaby. can I have another cup of waughhh?!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back