Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MYFpilot

SDSU Super Fan
Now that Coex (Express Jet) is in total recall mode, I wonder how many of the 90 or so that were given jobs at SkyWest will return to their previous employer. Is it even an option to remain at SkyWest? If you don't plan to return to Coex do you have to resign your ExJet seniority number when you are offered a recall date in order to remain a SkyWest Employee?

Thanks!!

why would they ever go back?

COEX pilots do have the option to remain at SkyWest/Commutair and bypass their recall. One all the 350 or so recalls are complete (which could be quite a while - and not necessarily all happening) they will go back "up" the list (in reverse seniority order) and force the SkyWest/Commutair guys to either resign from COEX or accept recall.

Last edited:
Hey Marshall Faulk-
When did the COEX recall begin?? Like that picture, hoss. Like that picture.........

MYFpilot said:
Now that Coex (Express Jet) is in total recall mode, I wonder how many of the 90 or so that were given jobs at SkyWest will return to their previous employer.
Thanks!!

Actually, only 54 Coex pilots were offered jobs at Skywest. Also, as of now, only 140 or so pilots are scheduled for recall at Coex. There are over 300 still on furlough. A definite good sign, no question. I wouldn't say a total recall though.

Last edited:
How many of the CoEx guys that went to Commutair will come back to CoEx? Have any of them made Captain at Commutair and would it be worth it for them to go back to the right seat at CoEx for who knows how long?

I flew with a CA the other day who was a 6 month upgrade from CoEx here at CommutAir. I think he and a few others are the only ones here who were able to, or will be able to, upgrade that quickly. I've asked a few of the CoEx guys if they'll be going back, and none seem to know for sure. Those that have upgraded, however, are now naturally inclined to stay for the turbine PIC time.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

Latest resources

Back