Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest/asa/xjt...no excuse for not having industry best contract!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, sorry, only ASA is buying ExpressJet. Not SkyWest. Thanks for playing.

LOL. Nicely played. The boys over at SKW inc are real sharp. Figured out how to circumvent that by just replacing SKW inc, with ASA. There goes the "ASA can't buy anyone" theory!

No, sorry, only ASA is buying ExpressJet. Not SkyWest. Thanks for playing.

But all the FI MBA/CEO's said ASA couldn't buy anyone...only INC could...What happened?

But all the FI MBA/CEO's said ASA couldn't buy anyone...only INC could...What happened?

They are experts I tell you! Experts! The negative nancys also preached how the super regional aspirations and rebranding were all a pipedream to keep moral up. What say you now?! LOL!

Why are people so proud to say ASA is buying ExpressJet? Just because some people said that couldn't happen? Seems that the decision to "let" ASA buy ExpressJet was made try to avoid combining lists!! This is not a good thing people. I would feel better about 7,000 over 4,000 strong!! Point being it seems that it is going to have to be battled out in court?

Straight from CC at SKW:

Today SkyWest, Inc. confirmed that Atlantic Southeast Airlines has reached an agreement to acquire ExpressJet Holdings, Inc.

the intent is to merge ExpressJet Airlines with Atlantic Southeast.

In conjunction with the acquisition, a new long-term flying contract with Continental Airlines has been negotiated.

Point being it seems that it is going to have to be battled out in court?

What are you talking about?

'Battled out in court'? What battle? Over what? Between who?

The definitive merger agreement has been unanimously approved by the SkyWest and ExpressJet boards of directors. The transaction is not subject to financing conditions, but is subject to receipt of certain regulatory approvals, approval of ExpressJet stockholders and other customary conditions. The parties currently anticipate that the transaction will close during the fourth quarter of 2010.

The BOD's of both companies unanimously approve, regulatory approval will be forthcoming...what 'battle' are you anticipating?

LOL....The intelligence on FlightInfo laughable at best. Dunce caps should be frequently distributed to folks who continuously eat their feet.

I am not proud of anyone buying anything at this point....Im just gonna show up and continue to do my job to the best of my abilities...like I promised.....Good luck to us all.

Entertaining to you??? This now affects you my friend. You had better hope they can get a positive outcome.

Entertaining to you??? This now affects you my friend. You had better hope they can get a positive outcome.

Uh, yeah.

I'll hope for the best.

In the meantime, I don't have any intention of letting the inevitable MEC antics go unappreciated for their comedy value.

As a very junior ASA pilot, this doesn't seem to bode well for me.

Latest resources

Back