Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest/asa/xjt...no excuse for not having industry best contract!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Skywest airlines is in the merger buisness as well. Prob Gona pick up assets from Mesa and maybe another airline to grow, no pilots, it let's th get around the union. It was stated in the stockholders call that they were in the process if growing.

I agree...this isn't Jerry's first rodeo either...

What are you talking about?

'Battled out in court'? What battle? Over what? Between who?

The BOD's of both companies unanimously approve, regulatory approval will be forthcoming...what 'battle' are you anticipating?

Battle over the circumnavigation by SKW management of the clear intent of the XJT pilots' contract.

Nothing to "battle out"... Atlantic Southeast Airlines bought XJT, not Inc. Don't try outsmarting Jerry...you will lo(o)se that battle.

Nothing to lose by trying and much to be gained.

We have a choice on how this proceeds

SKW management has already made the choice on the path they want to take us.

Maybe its already pretty badass to work at SkyWest Airlines.

So why wont you share and make all three companies badass?

You live in a pipe dream. You union guys always try to make it sound like you are going to let SkyWest in on something awesome out of the goodness of your hearts. Maybe, for once, SkyWest is letting YOU in on something good. Ever think of that?

No, just trying to look out for the profession. What SKW is letting us in on may be good for SKW but is not good for our profession.

I guess it all depends what is offered during the merge negotiations. What would the pilots of the combined ASA/XJT want in return to wave the scoped merger of SkyWest Airlines into the ASA/XJT list? This is your time to go for the moon if Inc. really wants to keep us apart. Everything is up for negotiation.

Personally I want all three lists merged, but holding strong on to forcing a three way merger might not be in the best interest of the ASA/XJT pilots. I see good things in your future if you folks want to go for it. Good luck guys

I hope they don't offer anything. It should be a non-starter. This will be a question that each individual pilot will have to ask of themselves.

The same contract that lead to you being BOUGHT for LESS than SkyWest originally proposed to buy you for two years ago?

How do you figure?

I'm not a lawyer, but I don't think this letter binds Skywest Inc (as owner of ASA) to merge all of it's airlines as a condition of purchasing XJet.

I wouldn't count on a federal judge demanding merger of all 3 lists...that's just silly.

I wouldn't even expect this to go before a judge...

Yeah, this will be up to a neutral to decide, whether that is a federal court judge or an arbitrator.

Don't hold your breath on that OO ALPA vote.

I'm curious, as a dispatcher at OO, what is the reason for your anti-ALPA stance for the SKW pilots?

Yeah, I am curious as well.

As an ASA guy, I will bet there is no single reason, but it is likely a range of things:

-Management relations have been just good enough to make a union not needed badly enough to go through the trouble. They are like that one kid in the trailer park who has never been beat when Mom runs out of crystal. They just don't know why the other kids are always calling the cops.

-They have enjoyed the "rising tide raises all boats" effect of union based efforts everywhere else in the industry. They get the benefits without paying the dues, because the company sorely wants to keep ALPA off the property.

-Union dues. In their situation, it can seem an unjustified pay cut.

-They have never been educated as to the industry level good things ALPA and other unions have done which benefit the profession as a whole, beyond pay and QOL. Safety being the biggest item here, from TCAS, to GPWS, to ASAP. And ALPA medical assistance is worth every dime of dues when the dookie hits the fan on your next Class-I.

-ALPA comes across as a bunch of Guido-esque used car salesman.

-Jimmy Hoffa type affiliation.

-And did I mention the union dues?

-The pro-union drivel on boards like this is usually not well played.

-Prater looks like Jabba The Hutt.

Last edited:
As an ASA guy, I will bet there is no single reason, but it is likely a range of things:

-Management relations have been just good enough to make a union not needed badly enough to go through the trouble. They are like that one kid in the trailer park who has never been beat when Mom runs out of crystal. They just don't know why the other kids are always calling the cops.

-They have enjoyed the "rising tide raises all boats" effect of union based efforts everywhere else in the industry. They get the benefits without paying the dues, because the company sorely wants to keep ALPA off the property.

-Union dues. In their situation, it can seem an unjustified pay cut.

-They have never been educated as to the industry level good things ALPA and other unions have done which benefit the profession as a whole, beyond pay and QOL. Safety being the biggest item here, from TCAS, to GPWS, to ASAP. And ALPA medical assistance is worth every dime of dues when the dookie hits the fan on your next Class-I.

-ALPA comes across as a bunch of Guido-esque used car salesman.

-Jimmy Hoffa type affiliation.

-And did I mention the union dues?

-The pro-union drivel on boards like this is usually not well played.

-Prater looks like Jabba The Hutt.

I could almost understand some of these from a SKW pilots point of view but he/she is not a pilot there. He is a dispatcher. Confused...

a contract owned by a company before they are bought means nothing. Just look at Compass and Midatlantic.

Latest resources

Back