• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest, ASA DOH integration?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The "merger" language that ASA got in their TA, means that any merger would follow the guidelines set out by the Allegheney-Mohawk decision. This was the standard under regulation by the Civil Aeronautics Board. It provides for arbitration procedures for the two work groups as well as other protections for affected employees.
The senate and the house both recently added this language to the FAA appropriations bill which would make this procedure once again the standard for all mergers if it gets signed into law later this year.

I can't believe nobody said it yet.....

All your left seats are belong to us!

I honestly hope you guys vote in ALPA so we don't have to worry about eachother. End this whipsaw and let's move forward together.

Last edited:
The point of this thread was not to start a dispute between the two pilot groups. I have a lot of respect for the ASA guys/gals but I would like my pilot group to think about who will be representing them if/when a merger with ASA happens. If we don't get some type of legitimate representation on the property now, I fear the consequences come a possible merger. I again ask the question, who will be representing us? Jerry? SAPA? It seems ASA has (or is getting) their sh!t together and we don't.

See why we call you a tool? I'll bet even your dog knows what a freaking toolshed you are.

-Congrats being a jerkoff!

no one I know wanted to buy you guys, none of you wanted to be bought by us, right?

no one I know wanted to buy you guys, none of you wanted to be bought by us, right?

O.K., now that we have the insults out of the way, with all due respect, our (your and mine) opinions on the purchase really don't matter. It's history. Let's focus on the future and what's in our best interest!

The "merger" language that ASA got in their TA, means that any merger would follow the guidelines set out by the Allegheney-Mohawk decision. This was the standard under regulation by the Civil Aeronautics Board.

Well, this is not completely correct. The Allegheny-Mohawk would only apply for asset transfers that excede a certain limit, and, should some pilots transfer under that provision, then that process would be used to determine seniority at Skywest.

If a merger took place, which is doubtful, then other circumstances would dictate the process. I have not seen the document, but that is what was explained to me.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back