Skywest, ASA DOH integration?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Skywest Pylot

I want to know if any other SkyWest pilots are at all worried about a possible merging of the seniority lists? Why do I bring this up now? The ASA pilots did a pretty good job of getting Jerry to the negotiating table. They seem like a force to reckoned with. Will SAPA do the same for us if/when the time comes to merge the lists? Who will be representing us? Jerry? It is no secret that J.A. would be leaning toward a DOH merger (has mentioned it on a couple of occasions) and the ASA guys/gals would be all for it. What will SAPA do for us? I am not familiar with the scope language in the new ASA contract (notice I said contract not amendable policy manual) but keep hearing rumors. Might this new scope language reduce management's ability to whipsaw the two companies making it less cost effective to keep them separate? Maybe the ASA guys could chime in on this issue. This is not meant as an attack on those at ASA but as a wake up call to my own pilot group. What do you think? Now chat amongst yourselves!

I'm hoping ALPA will be on property to deal with this. If you look at the company directory you can choose ASA and see all their pilots' DOH. I'm at about 48% at SKW. With a DOH merger I'd be at about 55%. Very few, if any skywest pilots would benefit from a DOH merger. Nearly all ASA pilots would benefit

I'm hoping ALPA will be on property to deal with this. If you look at the company directory you can choose ASA and see all their pilots' DOH. I'm at about 48% at SKW. With a DOH merger I'd be at about 55%. Very few, if any skywest pilots would benefit from a DOH merger. Nearly all ASA pilots would benefit

Have you ever heard of fences?

Relative seniority, DOH, staple; any intergration would only sting our pride if we had proper fences. There is no reason to negatively impact pilots on either side of the house and fences will protect the CURRENT QOL and career expectations of both groups. 4500 SkyWest Inc. unified pilots strong is much better than 2800/1700 pilots divided.

Fences would help the cause greatly to keep anyone from stepping on someone else. I look more to having a unified pilot group so as not to be played against one another.

Fences

Someone more knowledgeable than myself should explain fences and why they work. I have heard the explanation before, and it sound like a good way to do things. I believe fences would protect everyone's relative seniority. Nothing to worry about as far as I know. ASA pilots are certainly not out to try and screw anyone.

After all-we hired lots of DAL furloughed pilots after sept 11th. There are other regionals who didn't (for whatever resaon-I can't imagine.)

Fence = I can't take your seat, you can't take mine. There is no massive rebid for every position in the "new Skywest". If a vacancy comes open, say for 1 CRJ Captain in SLC, then an ASA pilot (former) could bid that position. Same with other bases. You cannot lose your seat, or base....but when a new vacancy comes up then you can bid for it and let the chips fall where your seniority allows.

They have said it many time that it wont happen. It's a buy certificates market, not a merge airline market. SkyWest could dump ASA right now and make a profit. If they merge they can't do that.

Latest resources

Back